Ice and Fire

Standing on top of the glacier of Ahtohallan, Freya wanted to see what else she was capable of. She turned herself into a fireball and flew back to the entrance, standing on the shingle beach. There, she looked up at the gigantic glacier through her burning eyes. She used her powers to blast at the ice, a jet of fire cutting through a huge chunk of it like a hot knife cutting through the corner of a pat of butter. Freya retracted the flames and waited. She heard a great clunk as the piece of ice began to move. Slowly, it slid off the glacier before crashing down onto the beach below. Freya watched with glee. With each action she took, she realised just how powerful she had become. She looked at her hands and laughed at how strong she now was. Suddenly, she heard a voice from across the sea.

"Freya!" Elsa cried out, sitting on the Water Nokk.

Freya turned to face Elsa, her fiery cloak trailing behind her. She watched as Elsa made her way across the water and to the shore of Ahtohallan.

"Elsa!" Freya calmly called back with a smile on her face. "How good of you to join me! What do you think of me now?" Freya asked as she gave Elsa a twirl, her cloak of fire shedding flames along the shingle beach.

"Oh Freya, what has happened to you?" Elsa asked as she dismounted the Water Nokk. She was disturbed by Freya's new fiery, regal appearance. Elsa was struck by the fact that Freya didn't seem to have pupils or irises. It almost made her look inhuman.

"I found my truth," Freya declared with her arms outstretched. "That's what this place is for, right? This is where you found out you were the fifth spirit, isn't it? Well, do you want to know what my truth is?" Freya asked as she quietly giggled to herself.

Elsa fearfully looked up at Freya. She wasn't sure if she wanted to know.

"My parents betrayed me," Freya snarled, the anger rising up inside her once again. "They couldn't have children. My mother drank a magic potion so that I could be born. It cursed me. It gave me these powers before I even drew breath!"

Freya looked at her hands and shot two huge jets of flame upwards. Elsa flinched and took a step back. Freya marched towards her and soon her fiery eyes were right in Elsa's face.

"You think this place is yours, don't you?" Freya asked as Elsa leaned backwards, trying to keep away from Freya. Elsa said nothing. She was morbidly transfixed by Freya's eyes. To her, it was like looking into deep pools of pure anger. Freya glared as Elsa remained silent. "Well let me tell you, Ahtohallan's secrets are mine now!" Freya hissed at Elsa.

Freya quickly turned and her fiery cloak passed inches away from Elsa's face. She marched up to the glacier. Looking at the four diamonds, Freya fired her mighty fire beam at the first diamond and carved out a giant "F". Working across the glacier, she continued to carve out huge letters until she had defaced it with her own name. Once she had finished, she turned to face Elsa again.

"There! Truly the mark of a queen!" she declared. Elsa stared with horror at Freya's vulgar graffiti. "And now, I must go back to Rizucia to take my true revenge!" Freya yelled. "I was too kind the first time. I let everyone escape my flames. This time, no one will be spared!"

"I can't let you leave," Elsa said nervously while slowly backing away. "You're...you're too strong!"

Elsa raised her hands slightly and fired a huge beam of ice. Freya tried to raise her hands to meet it, but she was too late. Elsa's icy magic froze Freya where she stood, her arms raised, her fingers twisted, her face contorted with anger. Elsa shook her head as she approached Freya's statuesque form. The waves crashed against the shore and the shingle clattered underneath Elsa's feet. She raised her hand to Freya's cheek, and once again looked into her eyes, still full of fury even though she was totally frozen.