Back in Northuldra

Meanwhile in Northuldra, Freya was still being held at the bottom of the pit, guarded by a Northuldra and an Earth Giant. She was a long way from the Northuldra camp, trapped in a block of ice. She waited until the middle of the night, until she could hear snores from both of them. She knew it was time to act. With a smirk, she used her powers to heat up her body. The ice around her began to melt.

"As if a block of ice could hold me!" she whispered to herself.

When enough of the ice had melted, Freya crawled out and stood on top of it. She waited until she was totally dry, then jumped up and turned herself into a fireball, launching herself out of the pit. She was free.

Freya looked back down into the pit and shot a jet of fire into it to melt the rest of the ice. She tiptoed up to the sleeping Northuldra and stood behind him. She started a fire in one hand, then whipped her other hand over his mouth. She held the fire up to his face and whispered in his ear as he woke with a jolt.

"Not. One. Word. Until. I .Tell. You," Freya commanded as the startled guard stared at the fire with wide eyes, his stifled shouts muffled by Freya's hand. "You know what I can do!" Freya smirked.

"Tell me where Elsa went," Freya demanded through a whisper. "She tried to trap me in that ice, I need to teach her a lesson!"

"I...I can't," stammered the guard as Freya lowered her hand from his mouth. "I promised I wouldn't tell you anything!"

Freya narrowed her eyes and gritted her teeth, then put her hand back over the guard's mouth and made the fire in her palm higher.

"Tell me where Elsa is, or I will find your camp, and I will burn it all down!" she snarled at him.

The guard cowered before her and started to nod. "Okay, okay, I'll tell you where she is," he said.

Freya extinguished the fire and looked at him impatiently. "Well?" she asked with impertinence.

"She...she's gone to Arendelle," he told her.

"And what is this 'Arendelle'?" Freya snarled.

"It's a kingdom south of here, where Elsa was born," the guard replied.

"I see," said Freya menacingly. "How do I get there?"

The guard hesitated. Freya smirked, then held her palm open to him, made another fire in it and held it in front of his face. "Tell me!" she demanded.

The guard gulped in fear. "J...just follow the coast south, you can't miss it!" he whispered while the Earth Giant continued to snore.

Freya closed her palm and the fire went out. "Thank you!" she whispered with mock exasperation. "That wasn't so hard was it? Now, you see that pit that you trapped me in for hours?"

Freya pointed at the pit while the guard nervously nodded. "At the bottom is the nearest water. Now you, hop in!" she commanded.

The guard was puzzled. "What? Why?" he asked.

"I'll show you why!" Freya hissed as she used her powers to set fire to his shoes.

"Ah!" the guard cried out in pain as he ran over to the pit and jumped inside. There was enough water left at the bottom to put the fires out.

"Help!" the guard shouted as loud as he could. "Help!"

There was a great huff from the Earth Giant as it started to stir. Once it had opened its eyes, it saw Freya out of the pit and raised its stone eyebrows. It lumbered to its feet as quickly as it could manage.

Freya clenched her fists and leaned forwards slightly as the Earth Giant gradually rose to its full height. Her hands lit up and flames appeared in her eyes as she smirked and looked up at the giant while her nose pointed towards the ground. The Giant raised its arm, and its huge open hand came hurtling towards Freya, trying to snatch her. Freya leapt up, turned herself into a fireball, and flew onto the Giant's shoulder. She held on tight, scampering from shoulder to shoulder and over its head as the Giant tried to swat her off.

"You protect the north, right?" Freya said into the Giant's ear as it continued to try and grab her. Turning herself back into a fireball, she flew back to the ground and stood north of the Giant. She made a fireball in her hand and stood back, getting ready to throw it. "Then do your duty!" she shouted as she hurled the fireball far off into the forest. The fireball arched through the night sky, and hit a tree in the far distance, causing it to explode into flames. The Giant opened its mouth and raised its stone eyebrows. Holding its arms out, it ran past Freya and started to make its way towards the tree.

As the guard lay helplessly at the bottom of the pit, Freya put her head over it and called down to him. "You're on your own now!" she shouted. And with that she left, making her way towards Arendelle.

Freya turned herself into a fireball and rapidly made her way south. After several minutes she stopped and emerged from the fireball bent double, trying to catch her breath.

"I just can't keep that up for too long," she thought to herself as she walked further along. Once she'd got her breath back, she turned into a fireball again. She stopped for several more breaks along the way.

By sunrise, Freya had made it to the outskirts of Arendelle. She watched as the sun rose over the castle. She was used to the splendor of Rizucia castle where she grew up, but to her, this was something else. She saw the ice that made up the castle structure and deduced that Elsa must be behind it. She strode towards the castle and the town, knowing exactly what she was going to do. She could see her revenge.