Security

Elsa arrived in Arendelle that afternoon, just as Anna was expecting her. Anna saw her sister and ran to her to give her a hug.

"It's so good to see you again sis!" Anna enthused.

"You too!" Elsa replied as she took Anna's hands.

"We got your note," she said to Elsa as her smile turned to a concerned frown. "Why do we need to put the soldiers on guard? What's happening?"

Elsa sighed. "It shouldn't be anything to worry about, but we have a visitor."

"Wait, what?" Anna blurted out. "What visitor?"

"A young girl. She seems to have powers similar to mine, but over fire," Elsa replied.

"A girl with power over fire? How? Where's she from? How did she get to Northuldra?" Anna asked.

"We don't know how she got here, but she says she's the Queen of Rizucia," said Elsa.

"Rizucia?" said Anna, sounding confused. She thought for a second. "Oh yes, I've seen it on maps. It's not far from here, is it?"

"That's right," Elsa answered. "But in my years as queen, I never once met any dignitary from there. I always thought that was unusual."

"Well, what do we do? Is she dangerous? I don't want to cancel the wedding. We've been planning for months, and tomorrow guests from all over the world will be arriving!" Anna insisted.

"She's trapped in a block of ice in a deep pit near the Northuldra camp. She's a long way from here, she doesn't even know about Arendelle. I promised the Northuldra I'd go straight back after the wedding to deal with her properly," said Elsa.

"Well, that's reassuring!" said Anna, beginning to smile. "But we should be careful. I don't want to risk anything going wrong with the wedding!" she declared.

Elsa agreed, and they went to find General Mattias, the recently-promoted commander of Arendelle's armed forces. He was sitting at a desk in his office, taking care of some paperwork.

"Good afternoon General!" Anna said to him in her official manner.

"Your Majesty!" he replied, sounding surprised. "What can I do for you?"

"We need to talk about security for the wedding tomorrow. I want every soldier in Arendelle to be on patrol," Anna commanded.

Mattias furrowed his brow in confusion. "Yes, Your Majesty. But the security arrangements we discussed are already in place. Isn't putting every soldier on patrol a little extreme?"

"Elsa has told me about a visitor who may cause us a problem. We need to be sure that no one gets into the wedding who shouldn't be there," Anna said sternly. "Make sure the guest lists are double checked and don't let anyone in who hasn't been invited."

"Very well, Your Majesty." Mattias replied. Anna and Elsa left him to get on with his work.

"We should find out what we can about Rizucia," Anna suggested.

Anna and Elsa sought out Kai, their royal handler. They found him in the castle.

"Kai, we need to ask you a question," Anna said. "What do you know about Rizucia?"

"Rizucia! Now there's a name I haven't heard for some time!" he exclaimed. "It's a kingdom not too far from here, maybe a couple of days sailing to the west. It's been closed off for, oh..." Kai began counting the years in his head. "Fifteen, sixteen years, maybe? Now, this is a total mystery, but one day it's port stopped accepting foreign ships. No one from Arendelle has been there since."

"Thank you Kai, this is all very interesting," said Elsa.

In her mind, Elsa understood Freya's story. It was too similar to her own. She assumed that Freya was born with powers over fire, and that the country was immediately closed off to keep them a secret.

As for Anna, she was content with the new security arrangements. She put them to the back of her mind, and thought about her big day.