The Wedding

It was the morning of Anna and Kristoff's wedding. Freya walked towards Arendelle, taking in the views of the mountains, the grand castle, and the quaint little town. She stopped at a creek to have a quick wash and tend to her pleated hair. If she was going to greet the people of Arendelle, she wanted to look the part!

At the harbour, tall ships from all over the world docked. They were carrying kings and queens, dukes and duchesses, and all manner of invited wedding guests. They mingled with each other as they made their way to the castle.

"Bonjour mon ami!" an ambassador with a French accent said to an acquaintance. "I have not seen you since the coronation of Queen Elsa! How are you?"

"Oh grand, grand," replied a dignitary with an Irish accent. "Fine weather for a wedding today!"

"Absolutment!" enthused the French ambassador. "I am so excited to see Queen Anna! I bet her wedding dress will be beautiful!"

The Irish dignitary nodded in agreement.

"Tell me mon ami, what do you know about the groom?" the French ambassador asked.

"Ah, the mysterious Kristoff Bjorgman!" the Irish dignitary replied as he shrugged his shoulders. "Not much, but I know that he's a very lucky man!"

The two men laughed arm in arm as they made their way to the castle.

The invited guests brought extravagant wedding presents with them, all neatly wrapped up in pretty boxes. Royal footmen took all of the gifts into the picture gallery of the castle.

At the gates, security was tight. The guards had a long list of who was invited, and everyone had to confirm who they were before they were allowed to enter the castle.

Some of the townspeople had arrived early, eager to secure a good spot to see the newly-married royal couple. Despite the guards marching around in pairs and making their presence known, the excitement amongst the growing crowds was palpable.

Inside the castle, Anna was being made ready for her wedding. Her dressmaker was with her to make sure her wedding dress was absolutely perfect, and her hair and nails were endlessly fussed over by her ladies in waiting.

Elsa stood with her the whole time, very proud of her little sister.

"I hope the boys are okay," Anna pondered. "Hopefully they didn't party too much last night!"

As the wedding drew near, a wagon made its way to the castle. It was drawn by Sven, with Kristoff, Olaf, and Ryder on board, and they were late.

"Groom coming through!" Olaf shouted as the wagon hurtled towards the castle. A look of panic came across Sven's face as he realised the gates were closed. Luckily the soldiers recognised the groom and opened up the gates just in time. After breathing a sigh of relief, everyone in the wagon hurried into the castle to get themselves ready.

Just before the wedding began, the invited guests calmly filed into the chapel. It was lavishly decorated with flowers and tapestries, and gold-trimmed flags adorned the walls. Two soldiers checked the guests off against a final list as they went through the chapel door. Everything was running like clockwork.

Outside the castle, the whole town was waiting for the ceremony to finish so they could see their queen and her new husband. Merchants were wandering around the crowds selling souvenirs. It was the most significant event in Arendelle's history since Queen Anna's coronation.

Freya arrived in the town square to find it deserted except for a short, middle-aged man up a ladder attending to some bunting, hammering nails into a post. He was whistling a jolly tune while he set about his work.