Around the Campfire

It was a cool summer's night in Northuldra. The glowing campfire was the only source of heat and light in the camp. After seeing Freya's immense fiery display, the Northuldra were restless. Unable to sleep, they milled around the camp, occasionally taking walks into the moonlit forest to try and calm down. Suddenly, out of the darkness came a brilliant blue glow. The Northuldra knew that it could only be coming from Elsa on the Water Nokk, so they came out to greet her with expectant smiled on their faces. Then the Nokk turned as it settled and they caught sight of Freya, who was sitting behind Elsa. The Northuldra suddenly became very nervous and began to back away.

Elsa held out her hand. "It's okay," she called out to everyone. "She lost her powers in Ahtohallan, everything's fine!"

The Northuldra breathed a collective sigh of relief. Elsa dismounted the Water Nokk then helped Freya climb down from it. Freya looked around to take in her surroundings, still in a state of shock.

Still trying to stop herself shivering, Freya looked around and marvelled at the forest. She put her hand on a tree that was bathed in the blue light from the Nokk, and the Northuldra held their breath in worry. They all exhaled when Freya took her hand off the tree, leaving it unharmed.

An angry Yelena strode up to Elsa. "Elsa!" she bellowed. "What is the meaning of this? Why have you brought her here?"

"Please, it's okay," Elsa insisted. "She fell into the Chamber of Emptiness and lost her powers. Ahtohallan told her the truth about them. She was born cursed."

On hearing that information, Yelena opened her eyes wide and ran over to Freya. Meanwhile, Elsa placed her hand on the Water Nokk, congratulating it on a job well done. It galloped back to the sea.

As soon as Freya saw Yelena she instantly became apologetic, as she remembered what she had put her through.

"You were born cursed?" Yelena said to Freya, who quietly nodded. "You poor child!" Yelena put her hand on Freya's. "Oh, you're freezing," Yelena exclaimed. "Come with us. We'll get you some warm clothes and some food." Yelena threw her arm around Freya's shoulder and led her towards the camp.

"I'm sorry for what I did," Freya said sorrowfully.

"Apologies can wait," Yelena declared. "Right now you need to be cared for."

"Honeymaren!" Yelena called. Honeymaren ran over to them. "Find some clothes for this girl, and get her some food. She needs our help."

Honeymaren nodded and took Freya to her tent. Elsa turned to Yelena.

"I need to send a note to Arendelle," Elsa declared.

"Of course!" Yelena replied. "Quill! Parchment! Now!" she called out.

The Northuldra looked through their supplies and quickly found what they needed. Elsa hastily wrote a note to Anna: "All is well. Freya has been stopped. Returning to Arendelle tomorrow."

Elsa summoned the wind spirit and the note was on its way to Arendelle. She then told Yelena what had happened at Ahtohallan.

Meanwhile, Honeymaren took the still shivering Freya into her tent.

"I have some spare clothes here," Honeymaren said while looking through her things.

"Here we are, get these on!" Honeymaren told Freya while handing her the clothes.

Freya hurriedly changed. Straight away, she started to feel warmer.

"And to complete the look!" Honeymaren declared before placing a Northuldra hat on Freya's head. "It's a little big, but it will keep your head warm."