Another Big Day

Once Elsa, Anna and Kristoff arrived back in Arendelle, they set to work repairing the kingdom, and it was soon restored to how it was before. After a few months, there were barely any reminders of the fire at all, except the lack of stained glass windows in the chapel.

Elsa went back to live with the Northuldra, but her visits to Arendelle became much more frequent. She made sure to visit at least once a week. She spent most of her time in the forests, tending to the parts of it that had been destroyed in the fire. Before long, the forest was well on the way to recovery.

By the next summer word had gotten out around the world that the Fire Queen had been stopped, and guests from far and wide were happy to accept invitations to Anna and Kristoff's rearranged wedding. Once again, the anticipation for it built up in Arendelle.

When the eve of the wedding arrived, everything was just as it was before. Kristoff had a party with the trolls, and Anna and Elsa had a party in the castle. On the day of the wedding, everyone filed into the chapel. Once again, Anna walked into the chapel on Elsa's arm, the train of her wedding dress held up by Arendellian children. This time, Olaf was as good as gold, holding a basket of confetti as he happily walked behind Anna. She joined Kristoff at the altar.

The bishop stood at the altar while Anna and Kristoff looked into each other's eyes. Ryder and Sven waited next to them with the rings. The bishop began the ceremony.

"Now, where was I?" he joked. Everyone in the congregation chuckled.

"Ladies and gentlemen," he began, "we are once again here today to join Kristoff Bjorgman and Queen Anna of Arendelle in marriage. On this joyous day, Arendelle welcomes royalty from all over the world to join us in celebration. Thank you all for being here with us."

The bishop paused, and a satisfied murmur came from the crowd. "Now, the usual formality," the bishop said with a slight smile. "If anyone knows any lawful reason why the bride and groom should not be married, let them speak now or forever hold their peace."

There was silence from the congregation. Anna smirked and gave a knowing glance to someone in the front row.

"So be it!" the bishop declared. There was a sigh of relief from some. Kristoff almost laughed. Anna and Kristoff steadied themselves and prepared to take their vows.

The bishop began to read them. "Do you, Kristoff Bjorgman, take Queen Anna of Arendelle, to be your lawfully wedded wife, promising to love and to cherish her, in sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live?"

Kristoff took a deep breath and smiled. "I do," he declared.

The bishop turned to Anna. "And do you, Queen Anna of Arendelle, take Kristoff Bjorgman, to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do," said Anna as her voice raised slightly.

Ryder knew that was his cue to present the rings. He walked to Sven and took the box from his mouth, then took the rings out and placed them on a satin cushion. He took the cushion and held it in front of Anna and Kristoff.

"Now, Kristoff," the bishop continued, "take the ring and place it on Anna's finger, and repeat after me: 'With this ring, I thee wed'."

"With this ring, I thee wed," Kristoff proclaimed as he delicately placed the ring on Anna's finger. The bishop turned to Anna.

"Anna," the bishop said gently, "take the other ring and place it on Kristoff's finger, and repeat after me: 'With this ring, I thee wed'."

Anna was shaking as she tried to hold back tears. She managed to place the right on Kristoff's finger. "With this ring...I thee wed," she said softly.