𝐈𝐕 one draught of peace for lily evans

╔═════ ✧ ♡ ✧ ═════╗

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫
(𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚍𝚛𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚗𝚜)

╚═════ ✧ ♡ ✧ ═════╝

°˖✧ ♡ ✧˖°

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 after the Christmas break was a stressful one to say the least. The Professors did not hesitate to pile up homework as soon as the students stepped foot inside the classes. The plan was that the overwhelming amount of work would kickstart the students to start working and studying immediately. For Jacqueline, it absolutely worked, and she already started to spend time in the library to stay on top of everything. However, for other more unfortunate students, like Mary, they spent the end of the first week having a breakdown.

Mary's cries could be heard from the top of the astrology tower, or at least that's what Dorcas said.

"Oh my gosh... I'm doomed" She weeps.

"Mary, everything will be fine, Jacky and I will help you" Dorcas reassures, as she sits in the loveseat with Jacqueline, writing.

The three were spending their evening in the Hufflepuff common room trying to wind down after the hectic week. The snug and homey area is usually the perfect space to relax; with the warm tones and cosy furniture, everything is designed for comfort and closeness.

However, it wasn't going to plan, because as soon as Mary was sitting for a few minutes, she was already overwhelmed and tearing up.

"Mary, why don't you come sit with us over here, I'm sure Dorcas can put her stuff down for a minute" Jacqueline speaking softly to comfort the girl. Jacqueline knows Mary is dramatic and over the top, but she also aware that Mary often uses drama and acting to cover up true worries.

There is mumbling in response and Mary drags herself off the couch and plonking herself on top of the two.

"Merlin Mary" Dorcas curses from the unexpected weight, shifting around a bit so that the three can fit comfortably.

"So are you going to tell us why you are so worried about this year" Dorcas speaks again, also picking up on the hidden panic beneath the dramatic façade. Mary's face drops, probably thanking and cursing her friends for knowing her so well.