𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. the kiss

╔═════ ✧ ♡ ✧ ═════╗

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

(𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜)

╚═════ ✧ ♡ ✧ ═════╝

°˖✧ ♡ ✧˖°

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞 to outdo themselves with celebrations. This time around, Euphemia and Fleamont also invited friends to bring the party to every inch of their already large house. Despite a lot more people to mingle with, Jacqueline sticks by Sirius and Remus who are hovering by the snack table. Most of the previous years attendees are getting rowdy outside, including Gideon Prewitt. The man smirking at Jacqueline when he noticed the hand Sirius placed on her waist. The girls are yet to arrive along with Peter, but Jacqueline in on the edge of her seat (metaphorically) waiting to see how Lily interacts with James. Her letters to Jacqueline detailing her emerging feelings for the boy.

On the topic of feelings, Jacqueline is noticing Sirius is always touching her in one way another, whether it be an arm around her, or hands grazing by their sides. He also keeps gazing at her for a few minutes at a time, almost zoning out of the conversation, before he realises. Jacqueline isn't the only one noticing, as Remus has been smirking at her each time Sirius loses focus. After the fifth smirk from Remus, Jacqueline diverts the conversation towards him.

"So Remus, how is it going with Mary?' Jacqueline smiles innocently to him, satisfied by his reddening cheeks. After a particularly vulgar gesture, Remus slinks off to greet the arriving Peter Pettigrew. She has learnt well from the meddlers in her life, aka Marlene and James.

"That was naughty of you" Sirius grins from next to her.

"He wants to meddle, then I will do the same" Jacqueline grins back at him, her stomach flickering at the sight of his proud expression. That should be chilling to her that Sirius Black is proud of something she's done (considering how troublesome he can be), but instead she blushes at the sight. To make matters worse, his hand on her waist squeezes making her jump on the spot. A rare glare leaves her eyes at the sight of Sirius laughing at her, though it has no heat behind it. Thankfully, the girls all arrive to save her from continuing the heated gaze, and she leaves Sirius behind to greet them. It is the first time during the night she has no subtle touches from the boy, and she feels emptier than expected. Shrugging off the feeling, she hugs Lily first.