𝐗𝐗𝐕. a second confrontation

╔═════ ✧ ♡ ✧ ═════╗

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

a second confrontation

╚═════ ✧ ♡ ✧ ═════╝

°˖✧ ♡ ✧˖°

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 to go bad, Jacqueline can feel it. First of all, Mary didn't get back to the dorm room until very late into the night, letting Jacqueline know exactly what happened after her date (without saying a word surprisingly). Dorcas however came back much earlier with a grin plastered on her face, the date with Emmeline going very well they are going to keep seeing each other. Poor Marlene and Remus.

On the Sunday, Mary convinces the two to stay in their dorm and bond. That is the first sign, especially when the sun was peeking through the clouds as it was. Then that morning, girl is late to breakfast and goes straight to class. Jacqueline wonders whether she is avoiding Remus, or if something else is going on. Mary is yet to make Dorcas aware of her last minute date.

Now, sitting in their Herbology class Mary is abnormally silent. Dorcas has now picked up on it after 30 minutes discussing her successfully date.

"Alright spit it out Mary." Mary just humphs in response. Now that's a sign.

"Mary what's wrong" Jacqueline tries a softer approach.

"Nothing"

"Mary refusing to talk? Now I'm worried" Dorcas tries to joke but the laugh stays in her throat at Mary's glare.

"Is this about your date" Jacqueline steers the girls attention away from Dorcas.

"Yes, who did you end up going with?"

"Can you just drop it?! Merlins sake" Mary yells at the two, making half of the class jump at her outburst. For her to get angry is such a way is very rare, and makes Jacqueline quite worried for how her date went. She did warn Mary, but she did need to learn for herself.

"Fine whatever, be a grump. I don't care" Dorcas brushes off the hurt of the outburst.

That isn't the end. The three, Mary marching ahead slightly, head to lunch; straight into their doom. They didn't even make it into their seat when the girl's Valentine's date appears in front of them. Dorcas and Jacqueline watch on behind Mary, unsure whether to intervene.