𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈. strings of memories

╔═════ ✧ ♡ ✧ ═════╗

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨

(𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜)

╚═════ ✧ ♡ ✧ ═════╝

°˖✧ ♡ ✧˖°

𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 people shouldn't make promises they can't keep. As a sister she refuses to. It's like Jacqueline has a fear of ever letting someone down, and promises are a one-way trip to doing exactly that. No one can control the universe, and how it likes to meddle in mundane lives. She was made a promise once. A big one. One she can almost barely remember, the whisps of surer words clouding her mind, tendrils of lies curling in her ears. Because that is what they become. Lies. And Jacqueline isn't a liar. The person who promised to rid her of the Rodgers house was a liar. A dirty rotten one, though Jacqueline isn't actually sure who they were. She just remembers their words.

"I promise I will get you out of here Jack"

Maybe that's why she hates the nickname Jack so much. Haunted by the words so tempting it was like Eve's apple. Whoever the faceless coward was, they never did get her out. She did. Moral of the story is Jacqueline hates liars.

Madame Pomfrey doesn't know what is wrong. Jacqueline can tell. The healer's crows feet burrow deep into her forehead, and she whispers mindlessly to herself, scribbling on her notepad. It irks Jacqueline. She should be in class right now, but she is lying on a bed waiting for the witch to break the news she knows is coming.

"Madame Pomfrey, I know you don't know what is happening" Jacqueline finally breaks, just wishing to be amongst her friends.

"Oh dearie, that's not particularly the problem" the healer confesses.

"Then what is?"

Madame Pomfrey puts her notepad down, giving it a rest from the onslaught of her thoughts.

"Child, there is an answer for what is happening to you"

"But?" Jacqueline itches her skin growing impatient.

"Well, it is a very bold assumption to make, and I'm not sure there is an awful lot I can do for you". Madame Pomfrey mutters to herself again, sitting at Jacqueline side. The care is unlike what Jacqueline has been the healer be like with other students. This is something else entirely.