𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. good for nothing

╔═════ ✧ ♡ ✧ ═════╗

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

(𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐)

╚═════ ✧ ♡ ✧ ═════╝

°˖✧ ♡ ✧˖°

𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 determination to plan a way to communicate with Regulus after the comfort he provided her the night before. Their friendship (if he would consider it that) is purely platonic, even Jacqueline in her unknowledgeable ways of crushes knows that. But she now feels indebt to him. The least she can do is send him letters during the dark times approaching. But unfortunately, she still has a pile of homework waiting for her to complete from her missed classes.

Staring at the parchment in front of her, Jacqueline can only groan and massage her temples. Ever since she woke up that morning, she has had a pounding headache, making studying moderately difficult. None of her usual remedies have successfully helped. Leaving her wild hair out of an updo has no effect, and her green tea almost made it worse. It is untouchable and unbearable. So Jacqueline takes to residing in the Library, thankfully alone as the girls were still at breakfast.

Dorcas and Mary were very concerned when Jacqueline finally returned to the common room the night before, red-rimmed eyes and slouched over herself. But with a shake of her head, they left it alone. Clearly that doesn't include the next day, as Jacqueline spies Sirius entering the Library, likely to scout out if she is there. Their eyes meet and he smiles in success before approaching.

"Been looking for you. The girls are worried about you" He states taking a seat beside her. It is astounding to her now that she ever got the Black brothers mixed up. Regulus is so much more distinguished and groomed, hair combed and uniform perfect. An exact replica of his parents and their ideas. Pureblood. Even now that she knows him better, sometimes he still scares her with his ideals. Sirius on the other hand is a lot more... free. That's the only way Jacqueline can describe it. Like breathing fresh air after being locked inside for too long. Hair ruffled and long, uniform messy. But there is an unfiltered grin on his face (if it isn't a smirk), something even his parents couldn't take away. Looking at him now there are tiny details, like the blue shining in his eyes, that he is a clear rejection of his family.