𝐗𝐈𝐗. a party to end the year

╔═════ ✧ ♡ ✧ ═════╗

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

(𝚊 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛)

╚═════ ✧ ♡ ✧ ═════╝

°˖✧ ♡ ✧˖°

𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐞 on the stroll back to the Griffin cottage. Faith and Amelia take it upon themselves to wrangle up the girls so that the two oldest in the family can have a chat.

"We haven't had the chance to speak much since you arrived home" Rosie speaks first, head slightly turned to take in the girl.

"That's alright Rosie, we have both been busy" Jacqueline laughs lightly, sounding more like an exhale than anything.

"No it's not alright, each and every one of your girls is so important to me. You included Jacqueline"

A grateful smile graces the girls features. All their time has been spent pouring love into the younger girls sometimes they forget about each other.

"So sweetheart, how was your year. I want to hear all about it"

And so Jacqueline spends the walk back going over nearly every detail of her year, from meeting Lily and Marlene and how amazing their friendship turned out to be, to being swept into the whirl of the Marauders. Jacqueline talks about classes and grades, being invited to be Slughorn's favourites group and his party. How red is slowly becoming one of her favourite colours, and how she finally cast a Patronus. Jacqueline manages to get through all of that by the time they arrive home, but still avoiding the subject of a certain someone.

Entering their quaint cottage, Rosie makes some tea for the eldest; the other girls too tired from their day out to do anything but lay on the floor and couches.

"Is that all you wanted to talk about my love? You don't look... relieved" Rosie analyses the girl when putting her tea down. Jacqueline sighs at how well the matriarch knows her.

"There's this one person..."

"Oh my Jacqueline, are you finally talking to me about your love life? I thought the day would never come!" Rosie lets out a strange giggle of excitement that triggers Jacqueline to involuntarily laugh at her.

"I suppose so," she hesitates, not sure whether to continue.

"It's just, everything is so confusing. I think he's just being flirty because that's who he is... a flirt. And there was this other guy who I used to like, I think? And he asked for a dance and I felt nothing, but I thought that was a good sign? Feeling nothing is better than feeling something right? I just thought feeling something was bad, like pain in my stomach but not painful. It reminds me of how I felt at the old house, but not quite the same. I don't know its just so much sitting in my brain."