𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈. The Potters

╔═════ ✧ ♡ ✧ ═════╗

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱

(𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜)

╚═════ ✧ ♡ ✧ ═════╝

𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 for the carriages again. It seems to be becoming a habit of hers. This time it is because she spent the morning finishing up on the music boxes, testing them to ensure the letter do in fact disappear from one to the other. One thing is for sure, as Jacqueline is now consistently late to the carriages by accident, Regulus will be to. Although, for him it is to avoid the hoards of people happy to return home. So, she is not surprised to find him on the last carriage by himself.

"Morning Regulus, I haven't seen you in a while"

"Jacqueline" He nods to her, back straight and lips pulled into a grim expression.

"I have something for you." He looks up to her now with a neutral expression. That's basically a smile from him. She hands him one of the music boxes, the other stashed in her trunk.

"What's this?"

"It's a music box. But I charmed them so we can send letters to each other. If you put a letter in yours, it will show up in mine. That way your parents won't find out" Jacqueline puffs her chest in pride at her work. Regulus is silent, processing what she has done for him.

"That is very kind" He whispers, looking down at the box. Opening it up, the sweet melody rings through the carriage. One Jacqueline took a while to decide, being the reason she is late in the first place.

"Now you have no excuse for not responding to my letters" Jacqueline smiles at the boy. She can tell he is tense, like he's waiting for something. Dreading something. His skin is pale and sweat lines his forehead.

"Are you alright Regulus." Jacqueline asks, worried about the answer. He stares up at her, unsure on how to answer.

"It will be fine" he says as if he has been repeating it in his head.

"Do you need help? Is this what you were talking about the other day" Jacqueline whispers to him, taking his hand. She remembers the conversation clear as day, the dread filling her system at the thought of the dark wizard recruiting students for his war. Regulus Black. Recruiting Regulus Black because no one was there to stop him.

"You can't stop this Jacqueline".

"Regulus, I can help. You can come home with me; it will be fine!" She tries to convince him, attempting to get through his mind riddled with a childhood of a toxic household with teachings of pureblood extremism.