𝐗𝐗𝐗. Mr Evans

╔═════ ✧ ♡ ✧ ═════╗

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

(𝙼𝚛 𝙴𝚟𝚊𝚗𝚜)

╚═════ ✧ ♡ ✧ ═════╝

James is breathing down her neck. Metaphorically and sort of literally. He is sitting right next to her, eyes unmoving from her face. They are supposed to be studying, or at least she is and he for some reason decided to join her. Jacqueline really doesn't know why James wanted to come along, he has just been staring thoughtfully at her and doing no work.

It has been weeks since her birthday, and quite a lot has changed. Firstly, Dorcas and Emmeline are now officially dating. The latter girl has been tagging along the Hufflepuff trio now, much to Mary's dismay (not that she doesn't like Emmeline, she is just an exclusive group kind of person). Mary as a result has been spending more time hanging out with Remus and Lily, trying to get into studying more, and seeing Remus as well of course. Sirius has been avoiding Jacqueline a lot more now; ever since her birthday he hasn't been able to look her in the eye for longer than a few seconds. On the topic of Sirius, him and Stephanie are pretty much exclusive, not that Jacqueline is keeping track. Jacqueline's headaches have become more frequent and excruciating, but she is yet to let anyone know. And finally, James hasn't been leaving her alone for weeks, specifically since her birthday as well. Which leads her back to James burning holes in her face.

"James" She warns him, turning her attention to the boy. He smiles now that he has her attention, swivelling his body completely towards her.

"Yes"

"No. I need to study."

"You were the one who talked to me" He smiles innocently.

"What are you doing."

"Studying."

She gives him a stern look, one that has come out a lot more recently.

"Okay okay, I'm just making sure you are okay"

"Okay? Of course I am okay" She assures him, confused on where this is coming from.

"Okay" He turns to his blank parchment as if it is the most interesting thing in the world.

Well now she wants to know why he is concerned. And that is exactly what he wanted.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you asking if I'm okay?" Jacqueline clarifies.

"Jacqueline I'm studying to study" James smirks at her, gauges her reaction through his peripheral.