Chapter 7{Book 2}

RIKKI

February 8, 2014 8:36 a.m.

"Mmm," I groaned as I woke up. After Kade had showed up, I slept like a baby. I didn't have any more nightmares, which was a big surprise since I had been having the bad dreams every night since we had escaped Jeff and Carlos.

Kade wasn't awake yet, but his arms were still firmly around me, like he was holding onto me for dear life. His chest was really hot against my body. I could tell why he slept without a shirt on. He looked so peaceful in his sleep. I didn't want to wake him up, but I knew it had to be done.

"Kaaaaade," I whispered into his ear. "Kaaaaaaade." He barely even stirred. Well fine, if you want to be that way I'll try something else, I thought to myself. I proceeded to start running my fingers up and down his arm. Then I ran my other hand through his hair and began to kiss him.

"Mmm," Kade groaned.

I stopped kissing him for a moment to reply to him. "Finally, you're awake."

"Don't stop, that feels good," Kade said in a sexy morning voice. Doing what he wanted, I continued to kiss him and run my fingers up and down his arm. Finally, Kade pulled back from me. "You're so beautiful," he murmured before gently kissing my lips.

When he pulled away, I said, "Really? That's all I get in return after I went through all that work to wake you up? That was absolutely pathetic."

"Yup, I'm totally pathetic," Kade said sarcastically as he got out of my bed. He stretched and then grabbed his duffle bag. "I'm gonna go get ready. Where's the bathroom?" he asked, gesturing to the two doors on the right and left of my room.

"The right door. The left one's my closet," I said grumpily.

"Sheesh, it was just a question, grumpy pants. I'll be out in fifteen minutes," Kade said as he walked in the door.

I flopped down onto my bed and grabbed my phone. It was 8:40 right now, so that meant that we had an hour and twenty minutes until we had to meet everyone at Zayn's house. I was really bored waiting for Kade, so I checked Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Nothing was interesting on there, but thankfully, Kade came out of the bathroom right at that moment.

"I'm done now. You can get in," he said. He was wearing a pair of Jordans with Nike basketball shorts and an Edina basketball t-shirt. His outfit may have been casual, but he still looked good.

"Okay, I'll be forty minutes or so," I said nonchalantly as I entered my walk-in closet. Having a rich dad does have its perks.

"Forty minutes!" Kade exclaimed. "Sheesh, what do you all have to do in there?"

I stuck my head out of my closet and said, "Can't you see my hair? It's like, ten times longer than yours. Plus, I have to do my makeup and get dressed and showered." I finally decided on an outfit and pulled it out of the closet.

"Girls," Kade muttered under his breath.

"What was that?" I asked sweetly.

"Nothing," he quickly replied.

"That's what I thought," I said as I entered the bathroom. I quickly showered and then blow-dried my long, thick hair. I straightened it and parted it to the side. I quickly got dressed and did my makeup. I looked over myself one last time in my full-length mirror. I looked really casual, but then again, I was going to a prison, not a red carpet event.

I shut the bathroom light off and then exited the bathroom. Kade looked me over and said, "You look great."

"Kade, I'm in yoga pants, Uggs, and a crewneck. I do not look great," I scoffed in reply.