Chapter 10

BAILEY

September 9, 2013 8:20 a.m.

As soon as Bailey locked her lime green Mustang convertible, she sprinted through the doors of Edina High School to find Tanya and Lacey.

Oh, where would they be? Bailey wondered to herself.

"Hey, Tracey, have you seen Lacey and Tanya?"

"Yeah," Tracey replied. "They're by their lockers with Lance and Zayn."

"Thanks!" exclaimed Bailey.

"Why, is something wrong?" asked Tracey.

"Yeah, Rikki's been kidnapped!" shouted Bailey over her shoulder as she sprinted towards the lockers.

"What!" cried Tracey, but Bailey was already too far down the hallway to reply.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, Bailey found Lacey and Tanya exactly where Tracey had said. "Guys!" shouted Bailey.

"What?" asked Tanya. "Can't you see we're kind of busy right now?"

"Oh, you're too busy to care that my best friend has been kidnapped?"

"What!" yelled Tanya and Lacey together.

"Yeah, I saw it on the news this morning. Rikki was kidnapped on Friday, like, right after we left her," said Bailey as she showed Tanya and Lacey a picture of the news story on her iPhone 5. "Adam's been taken too."

"Hey, can I see that too?" asked Zayn.

Bailey handed Zayn the phone.

"I can't believe it. How did we not hear about this until now?" asked Tanya.

"I have no idea. Maybe Mr. and Mrs. Roberts have been so worried that they didn't even think to let us know," suggested Lacey.

"Maybe, but this is bad, really bad. What are we supposed to do?" wailed Bailey. Just then, Taylor walked up to the distressed group.

"What's going on?" he asked, sounding confused.

"Rikki's been kidnapped," replied Lance.

"What! When did this happen?" he cried.

"Friday, right after Tanya, Lacey, and I left her," said Bailey sadly.

"No way! I can't believe it!"

"Well, you'd better believe it. Now what are we supposed to do?" asked Lacey.

"I don't think there's anything we can do," said Zayn.

"Well, I guess we could let everyone know that Rikki's missing," Lance suggested.

"Wait a minute. This is all my fault," said Lacey as her face went pale.