Chapter 8{Book 2}

RIKKI

February 8, 2014 10:30 a.m.

"What kind of donut do you want?" Kade asked me when it was our turn at the counter.

"Kade, you don't have to buy me a donut," I replied with an eyeroll. "I'll get my own."

"Oh come on, just let me buy a donut. I'm trying to be a gentleman here," Kade said as he gave me a puppy dog face.

"Oh fine. Bavarian-filled Long John with chocolate frosting, please," I said. "With sprinkles."

"Oh, you're a sprinkles kind of girl, huh?" teased Kade.

"Yes, I am. I happen to love sprinkles."

"I'll remember that," smiled Kade with a laugh.

"You'd better," I replied a replied as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Here are your donuts," the cashier said as she handed Kade and me our donuts.

"I see you like Long Johns, too," I commented when I saw Kade's donut.

"Bavarian-filled ones at that, kind-of like someone I know," he replied.

I smiled as we went to join our friends at a large table, "I love you, you know that, right?"

"I've never doubted it," Kade smiled as he put his arm around me.

"Ew, the love birds are here," commented Bailey as a joke.

"If I'm not mistaken, I believe that everyone here is in a relationship," I said.

"Yeah, but we don't go overboard with the PDA," said Taylor.

"We do not go overboard!" I protested. "Remember that time Lacey and Lance got caught making out in the boy's bathroom during class and got detention for a week?"

"Touché," replied Lacey.

"My point has been made," I said as I took my first bite of my donut. "Man, this is good!"

"They don't call them the best donuts in the world for nothing," said Zayn.

"Of course you'd know that," laughed Tanya. The rest of us laughed at that comment while Zayn pouted in his seat.

"I take offense to that," grumbled Zayn.

"Oh, you know I'm only kidding, baby," said Tanya before she gave Zayn a kiss on the cheek.

"Look who the love birds are now!" exclaimed Kade.

"Oh gosh, give it a rest, Kade," I groaned.

"So, what did everyone think about our... meeting this morning?" asked Taylor, trying to change the subject.

"Yeah, let's not talk about that right now. I'm not really in the mood," said Kade as he stared at his donut.

"Yeah, me either," I agreed, looking over at Kade to make sure he was okay. While we had been staying at the old factory as hostages, Kade had really hated Troy. He probably hated Troy more than Jeff or Carlos, the reason being Troy had been obsessed with me. Kade had probably been worried that Troy would somehow steal me away from him. That never would've happened, of course, but Kade wasn't totally sure about it. Troy had claimed that he loved me, and I'm sure Kade had compared Troy to himself and began to doubt himself. The whole time we were there, I assured Kade that Troy could never take me away from him, but I don't think he believed me. Now that we saw Troy again and he claimed to love me, I thought that the old doubt maybe had returned.

After we all had finished our donuts, we loaded into the Big Pumpkin. "Hey, are you doing anything after we get back to Zayn's house?" Bailey asked me.