Chapter 17{Book 2}

RIKKI

March 1, 2014 10:00 a.m.

"Okay, Troy," I said seriously, folding my hands. "We've come back again, and this time, we want answers."

"You may as well leave now because you're not gonna get any answers," Troy spat back. 

I rolled my eyes as Kade said, "Listen here, buddy. We know where your father and cousin are holding our friends."

"You do not," laughed Troy. "No one knows where they are except Dad, Carlos, and I."

"Not true," I disagreed. "We know that you own a cabin in Duluth on the shore of Lake Superior. We just don't know exactly where it is."

"How did you find out that I had a cabin in Duluth!" cried Troy. "No one is supposed to know that!"

"We went to the basketball game the other night and asked a few of your old teammates what they knew. They gave up the information without a fight," Kade smirked. 

"Those dirty- " Troy began, but I cut him off. 

"See, Troy, we know where Bailey and Taylor are. It could take a while, but we'll be able to find them eventually, even if you don't give us the address of the cabin. On the other hand, you could just give us the address and we could have our friends back in no time. Troy, I'm begging you, please just give us the address. This is your chance to turn your life around. Please," I begged. 

Troy took a deep breath and didn't say anything for a while. "Fine. I'll give you the address. It's not like my idiot relatives could kill me while I'm locked up in here anyway," he said bitterly. 

"Here, type the address into my phone," I said as I slid my unlocked phone over to him. He typed a few things into the phone before sliding it back to me. 

"Thank you, Troy, thank you so much," I smiled gratefully. "You don't know how much this means to me, to all of us."

"Yeah, thanks," said Tanya. 

"If you hadn't kidnapped our best friends, I would think that you weren't such a terrible person," said Zayn. The rest of us glared at Zayn like he was stupid, but Zayn just shrugged. 

"Thanks again, Troy, that's all we needed," said Kade. "Gang, should we head out?"

"Yeah, thanks, Troy," Lance nodded at the criminal before leaving the visiting room. The rest of us muttered our thank yous before following Lance out of the room. 

Once we were back to the entrance of the police station, I yelled, "We got the address!" 

"Yeah!" the others cheered in reply. 

"Let's show Officer Smith the address. Maybe they'll go get Bailey and Taylor right now!" suggested Kade. 

"Officer Smith!" Tanya called. "We know where Bailey and Taylor are!"

"Where are they?" the officer asked in reply, walking into the entrance of the station. 

"They're in a cabin in Duluth. Here's the address," I said, handing him my phone. 

"I see, now why do you think that the hostages are here?" Officer Smith asked.

"You see, we found out that Troy owned a cabin somewhere, so we went to his old teammates to find out where. They told us the cabin was in Duluth, on the shore of Superior. Now Troy just gave us the address," Kade explained. 

"I see," Officer Smith said without emotion. "I'm sorry, kids, but we can't be sure that this is where your friends are."

"What do you mean we can't be sure?" I cried. "We got the address from Troy himself!" 

"That's the problem. You got the address from Troy, a family member of the alleged kidnappers. For all we know, he could've given you a fake address. Before we go jumping to conclusions, we have to investigate all of the given information fully," the officer explained calmly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" asked Zayn confusedly.

"It means that the police aren't going to do anything," I said coldly, glaring at Officer Smith. 

"Rikki," Kade said, putting his hand on my shoulder. 

"No, I'm done with this. Let's go," I spat, stomping out of the police station. 

My friends and I climbed into the Big Pumpkin without saying a word. We were almost halfway home before Lacey finally said something. "So what are we going to do."

"Well, I don't know since the police aren't going to do anything," I grumbled, crossing my arms over my chest. 

"Rikki, they're doing the best we can, and Officer Smith did have a point. Troy could've given us a fake address," Kade said. 

"Well, we can't just sit around and do nothing while we wait for the police to do something. Who knows how long that'll take. I propose that we take action," I said firmly.

"What do you mean?" asked Tanya. 

"I'm saying we should drive up to Duluth and check this out ourselves," I explained. 

"But, Rikki, Jeff and Carlos are dangerous. They have guns and the ability to hurt us," Kade warned. 

"We got past them once, we can do it again," I countered. 

"Don't you remember what happened the last time we escaped?" Kade whispered before pulling his shirt down to show the scar on his shoulder. I glanced at the scar, then looked away. It made me sick to my stomach when I thought about Kade getting shot. 

"Yes, I remember," I said, still looking away from Kade. 

"I'm not saying we shouldn't go. I'm just making sure that everyone knows the risks that are associated with those guys. One of us could die doing this. I just want to make sure everyone knows that and is still willing to try this, even though that risk is present," said Kade. 

Dead silence fell over us. "I'm willing to take the risk for Bailey and Taylor," I whispered, breaking the silence. 

"Me too," Tanya said. 

"Me too," echoed Lacey.

"I'm willing to go," Zayn chimed in. 

"Me too," Lance added. 

"Kade?" I said, turning to him. "You don't have to go along if you're not comfortable with this."

"No, I'm coming along. They may have started this, but i'm going to help finish this. I'm in," Kade smiled. 

"When are we going up to Duluth?" asked Lacey. 

"Well, we can't tell our parents about this. They would never agree. I think we should leave early next Saturday morning, before our parents wake up. We'll be long gone by the time they realize where we've gone," I stated. 

"You want to wait a full week before leaving? Are we sure we want to wait that long?" questioned Lance. 

"I think next Saturday would work best for all of us. It'd also give us plenty of time to prepare our plan of attack," Kade agreed with me. 

"Yeah, that would be the best," said Zayn. 

"Okay, so next Saturday we're going to head up to Duluth, kick some kidnapper ass, and get Taylor and Bailey back," Kade summarized. 

"Sounds like a plan," I smirked. "Jeff and Carlos had better watch their backs."