R O O M M A T E

After the feast had ended, everyone stood from their seats, Prefects lead the students especially first years to their distinct houses when suddenly Mcgonagall's loud voice echoed throughout the Great Hall, stopping everyone from their notion.

Annalise stopped in her tracks, she had her arm clung around Luna and Ginny as they were about to leave the Great Hall until they heard the Head Mistress' voice boomed.

They all look back to the High Stand where the teachers were seated calmly, Mcgonagall stood in the golden podium, she had the tip of her wand firmly pressed against her neck, and she spoke loudly, sounding as though she was speaking through a microphone,

“Before you leave ― There are new rules and regulations posted in the notice board inside your common rooms. You will be sharing a room with a student from another house. There have been an increase of number of students this year ― especially first and third years ―” Mcgonagall briefly stopped, noticing everyone had their eyebrows knitted and face wrinkled.

Annalise drop her hand from Luna and Ginny's arm, shock at the new regulations.

To share a room with another student from the other houses?

“ ― For the sixth and seventh years, Unfortunately you won't be having your own rooms. You will have to share rooms with your assigned classmate, Hogwarts had run out of spaces to fill in the students ― check the list on your notice boards, the names of your roommates are posted ― if there will be any complains, look for Professor Flitwick and Madam Sprout before seeing me”

“For first to third years, four students are allow in each dormitory, fourth to fifth year ― three students, and finally to the remaining years, sixth and seventh ― two people only”

“Boys and girls are allowed to be roommates, but no sexual activities especially for older students, there are wards in your rooms, we will know if you do something under our noses”

A ruckus immediately occured, everyone was shouting, the sixth and seventh years were furious. Even Annalise was mad, she was happy when she heard that the seventh years can finally have their own room this year. Now it was gone.

From across the Great Hall, She can see Graham Montague bellowing at the teachers in the High Stand “This is unfair! I'm complaining to my parents!”

If only Annalise had parents, she'd also complain.

She grimace at the sight of Graham Montague. He had been repeating the same year for twice now. He was nutters.

“Load of bullocks” She heard Ginny mutter, causing her to snap her eyes at the gingerhead who appear to be displeased about sharing a room with someone else. She had her jaw clenched and brows furrowed.

“They all know it would make the senior students tetchy. I really don't understand why we have to share rooms” Ginny verbalized, eyes finally meeting Annalise's brown ones. “I reckon they didn't put any charms at our dorm, it was just a trick so we won't do anything sexual with our roommate”

She can only nod her head and sigh, she wants to complain howbeit, it would do no good. There was nothing she can do other than follow the rules.

“I don't mind” Luna spoke, earning the attention of the two girls. “Unless my roommate is someone highly unbearable” she continued.

But Luna never gets mad at anyone, she find every person good. So it wouldn't be a problem to her.

Before they knew it, everyone went scrambling to their own common rooms, leaving the Great Hall with profanities under their breaths.