S C E N T S & S H O C K S

“You know, Draco's father wanted him to study in Durmstrang” Narcissa once again lifted her teacup from it's saucer. “Told him I want my baby near me.  Durmstrang ― had a bad feeling about that school, so I put him in Hogwarts despite Lucius's disapproval”

Annalise listened closely. The moment she woke up, she decided to walk about the manor when she come across Narcissa in a passage corridor.

Immediately, Draco's mom, invited her for tea, and now they sit in the balcony, watching the Manor's hedge and the fountains that sit peacefully on the center behind the iron-wrought gates.

Annalise never realized how the big the Manor is until now, it filled up acres and acres of land. On their garden she can see some house elves hedging, she wonder how many elves the Malfoys have.

“Aren't you gonna drink tea, Annalise?” Narcissa said as she sipped.

Annalise snapped back into senses and smiled “Oh ― I'm not very into teas, I like coffee more, and hot chocolates but this nice, Mrs. Malfoy”

Narcissa grinned widely and place her teacup in it's saucer. “We have contradicting taste, I love teas, makes me feel at ease. Draco loves them too, got it from me. I usually have tea times with him every afternoon, after the war, helps me cope”

Annalise smiled woefully at Narcissa. She notice how Narcissa talks about his son all the time, Malfoy was always their topic “I can see you're a loving mother, Mrs. Malfoy. You love your son very much”

Narcissa chuckled lowly and gaze up on the blue bright sky. “I never cared about anyone else other than Draco. Sure I did love my husband, but he placed me in such grief, I know he loves Draco, I just wished he wasn't too much of a coward, alas, he was.... And now this happened”

Annalise doesn't know if she can speak anything about this matter without offending Narcissa.

But she lifted her cup and sipped on the bland taste of the herbal tea, trying to gather some courage. “Malfo ― I mean Draco, is he fond of his father? I'm sorry, he doesn't really speak about his feelings. He shows more than he talks”

Narcissa sighed heavily, much to Annalise's surprise. “I tried to talk it out of him, try to tell him that he's still Lucius's son, but he won't forgive his own father”

Annalise doesn't understand what Lucius did to his own son to make Malfoy so mad at him.

What happened to their relationship? She knew she shouldn't ask about Malfoy's private life considering all this was just an act for the time being, but she cannot help but ask.

Narcissa sipped on her tea again, and Annalise did the same, they stare at each other with curiousity. “What made you interested about my son?” Narcissa asked seriously.

The question had caused Annalise to froze for a brief moment, she stared at Narcissa's eyes and saw wonder in it, making her surprise.

“Oh...” She exclaimed in astonishment, looking down at the teacup, trying to think of what to answer. “Draco....” she started, her voice faltering, and she dared not look at Narcissa, in case she will see a hint of lie.

Annalise quickly darted her gaze down outside the balcony, and saw an albino peacock sitting majestically in the hedge, it's feathers were so white and snowy that she almost forgot what Narcissa had asked.

Her eyes went to Narcissa, and Annalise chuckled before raising her teacup and sipping on it gingerly “Draco. He's a very private man ― he was incapable of expressing his feelings through words, and so he shows it more than he talks about it”