D R A C O ' S W R A T H II

It was already quarter past five when Annalise finished all her classes, which included Double Potions, Double Divination, Defense Against the Dark Arts and some extra class of Xylomancy.

She walk back to the Slytherin Tower feeling tired and exhausted, the teachers were handing out a lot of homeworks, twice as many than before, and Annalise knew she'll be up late at night these following days.

She was glad to receive an owl from Professor Flitwick earlier this morning informing she got a total of one hundred and ten points in his written examinations, charms. Then another owl from Professor Slughorn saying she got an Outstanding in her Practical examinations with Potions.

Her Arithmancy grades were the best among all, she didn't only perfected it, Annalise even got additional points for her active cooperation. But what ruined everything was her results in Defense Against the Dark Arts, apparently, Annalise only got ninety-four in both written and practical.

And she knew this was bad considering N.E.W.T.S are coming up. If she won't perfect Defense Against the Dark Arts, It will definitely mess up her dream of becoming an Arithmancer.

Once Annalise got inside the common room, she flop herself down on a wooden chair accompanied with a circular desk. Then she set her stack of books with a loud BONK on the table.

Glancing around the common room, she saw some first years huddled in a circle in the corner again, entertained by a single ball on which Annalise notice, was a remembral. Across the common room, near the glass wall showing the Black Lake, Millicent Bulstrode and a Hufflepuff guy ― Annalise remembered, was the captain of the Hufflepuff Quidditch team, they were snogging rather intensely over their tufted chairs.

Her face scrunched up in discomfort as she took out her quill, a fourteen inch long parchment, and an ink bottle. Trying to distract herself from the snogging pair, Annalise grab her Ancient Runes Book and started translating some phrases to her parchment.

She was nearly done with her Ancient Runes homework when Annalise came upon with a little bit of problem. “ehwaz ― oh that means partnership, wait, what about eihwaz? ― which one means defense and which one means partnership ― oh salazar slytherin”

Students now stared at her inside the common room as she keep on scribbling words frantically in her parchment, dipping her quill harshly in her inkpot from time to time, and proceed on writing. The sound of her quill jotting on the paper was earning a lot more attention than it should have.

Once she was done with Ancient Runes, she place the book at the very top of stacked pile of other books she brought, then grab Charms, but just as she was about to flip the golden pages, the common room door slammed close behind her and came in a very stressed out looking Draco Malfoy.

Annalise look over her shoulder and smiled. Draco strutted towards her, clutching two shabby books in his left hand, making it look small in comparison to his large hand. He took a chair nearby and sat next to Annalise,  plopping the books in the table with a loud thud.

To her surprise, Draco didn't seem to mind for some students to see him sitting next to her, he appeared to give no fuck about someone seeing him next to a muggleborn.

A dejected sigh escape his mouth, snapping Annalise out of her notion.  “Something wrong?” she asked softly, finally flipping the pages of her charms book to page three hundred and ninety-four.

Draco simply nodded and meet her eyes while he scoot closer, until their knees are now touching. “Been to a rough duelling with Macmillan― lost thirty points because I was only suppose to deflect spells, ended up hexing Macmillan badly and now he's in the hospital wing with a broken tooth and a dislocated joint” he craned his neck to the side, stretching it with his eyes closed.