F R I E N D S H I P

Laying on one of the white beds in the hospital wing, Annalise sigh as she kept her eyes locked at the grandfather wall clock nearby. She had been inside the hospital wing for fifteen hours, fifteen hours of dreadfulness, but also fifteen hours of domestic felicity from her lover's attendance.

Draco was sitting on a three-legged stool next to her bed, his head rested on her lap, his hand refused to let go of Annalise's own hand. He was sleeping rather peacefully despite the uncomfortable position he was in.

Using the free hand, Annalise fondled with his soft hair, eyes now darting to their entwined ones, she smile foolishly to herself as she stare at the brightly moonlit silver ring embellished around Draco's middle finger, where he usually wear his big serpent ring.

He kept her ring. The family heirloom.

And just like today, he saved her again. How is it that he's always around to save her? She wondered. If Draco knew how much it meant to her for him to be wearing the ring, it'd shock him. She can't help but perceive how well it goes to his finger, it looks so good to him, as though the ring was meant for him to wear. As though it belonged to him.

A loud bang occur, causing Annalise to flinch from the suddenness. She look over to the gates and found Madam Pomfrey strutting in with a bottle of what seem like Essence of Ditany and Murtlap.

The Matron rounded the wing, bended over the beds of splinched students who were taken along with Annalise. Others were sleeping, some are wide awake and was gawking shamelessy at her. A blonde girl with a bondage around her arm, at the corner nearest the window was rather staring dreamily at Draco, and Annalise had the urge to hex her.

Nevertheless she ignored it as the Matron head towards her direction. “Visitors aren't supposed to be allowed but, who am I to scurry them away?” said Madam Pomfrey to herself, staring at the sleeping blonde.

The two bottles of essences were placed in the nearby table, The Matron stowed her wand and rounded Annalise's bed, so she was sandwhiched between Draco and Madam Pomfrey. “Does it still hurts?” Poppy asked, as a light illuminated from the tip of her wand.

Annalise nodded slightly.

“As expected,” The Matron shake her head and sigh, she lifted Annalise's shirt, exposing the bondage around the side of her waist that nearly covered her entire stomach. “You waist shouldn't twinge after I apply essences and ointment, it ought to heal your skin but it will blemish slightly ― oh dear, that's a deep splinched indeed.” after she took the bondage off, she prodded her lighted wand at Annalise's wound, and she wince in pain.

A thich yellowish opaque liquid sticked to Madam Pomfrey's wand. “Pus,” she said, examining it. “It is only logical to happen especially when a wound was cutted deep” with a wave of her hand, the pus disappeared off the tip of her wand.

Annalise stared in awe.

“Now lay down and ― oh right we can do it if the boy ― oh just ― Mister Malfoy!” Madam Pomfrey rounded the bed again and jabbed her wand at the back of Draco's neck until he awoken with a slight jump. “If you're gonna stay asleep in the patient's lap then she'll definitely won't heal, you're crushing her! And I won't  be able to apply essences because she can't move with you sleeping!”

Annalise stifled in a laugh.

Draco was still half-awake, his eyes looking almost dilated, mouth agape and lines formed in his cheeks. “Sorry.. Sorry... Sorry..” he tried to sit directly, and keep himself awake, however his head kept on lolling to the side each time he could not fight the drowsiness he felt.

Madam Pomfrey patted his back “Boy, you can go back to your dorm, It'll be much easier for the two of you.” When Draco gave The Matron a stern look, she hissed and slapped his back. “Go! Now! You can visit the following morning! Good Gracious!”