H I S D E S I R E

Nothing could've made Annalise's life better than to regain her friendships back, and she did just that, not only that, but she had received the greatest apology from all, her brother, Adam. Whom she thought would be vexed at her and be murderous considering she put his wife in Azkaban, the wizarding cell.

Annalise felt at ease, she was relaxed and her bank's filled with money beyond she can imagine, however, there was something missing. And she doesn't know what.

For others, People would've been happy with a hundred thousand galleons in their bank and a perfectly happy family, but for Annalise, it was just.... a bit empty. She kept on thinking, is this how her life's going to be until her last breath? To wake up, eat, and then sleep in the Manor while she spends not even a knut or a sickle? she was bored.

Annalise would be lying if she said she doesn't miss having things to worry about, like the Transfiguration essay to pass next thursday, or her upcoming detention with Professor Flitwick, she missed doing something, and then it came in her mind... She needs a job.

A job would suffice her needs, she had always been in control over her life, always have minor and major things to worry about, but now that she has nearly everything; money, friends, family, and a wealthy boyfriend ― things felt weird, and thus, the reason why she needs to work. It would get her mind off things that requires no worries.

It has always been Annalise's dream to become an Arithmancer, despite other's opinions on them, she has discovered the divine art and beauty about analyzing complicated number charts and Runes to make predictions, it is different from what muggles call “fortune teller” and all sorts of it, Arithmancer studies the laws of numerology and magical disciplinary to make clear predictions, a highly paid job, even though it isn't that popular or demanded.

She passed all her subjects with an outstanding, and that can be her sign-up form to the Ministry, to make her a certified Arithmancer.

“Why is it when I look for you, you'd always be zoning out on things?”

Annalise whipped her head over her shoulder and found Draco standing behind her, he was smiling brightly down at her, but he looked extremely exhausted, his white shirt was stained with pastel paints, and his hair was messy as though he had just walk through a windstorm.

Draco continued, “You're thinking compulsively again, Annie.. What's wrong? You look bothered.” he circled the solo sofa chair Annalise was sitting, and before she could even respond, he scooped her in his arms, causing Annie to shriek, then he sat down on the solo sofa chair with Annalise on his lap. “Go on, darling, continue.”

“Oh ― well ― I was just thinking about life, you know.” Annalise responded awkwardly as she let herself lay against Draco's chest with her legs over his thighs, then she allowed her eyes to soak from the mad cackling fire underneath the grate, in the deserted main room on the North Wing. “And, I feel like I depend on you so much ―”

She felt light kisses all around her neck, Draco hummed in response as he indulged himself in her vanilla scent. “You're not, remember that.” he said then continue placing gentle kisses around the back of her neck.

“I know but I feel like I could do something more than just sitting and standing and eating, you get me?” Annalise frustrated said, and she turned halfway to look at Draco.

“Yes, I do.” he stated flatly but went on with kissing her from the neck, down to her shoulders. “You smell so nice, I want to keep doing this.” he nips at her skin, earning a low mewl from Annalise, but she tried to focus on her problem,

“What makes you feel empty? What's something you desired to do in life?”

Draco lifted his face from her shoulder and stared at the flames before them, he bounced his leg where Annalise was sitting, and she bit her lip from feeling his knees constantly hitting near her private area.