⤜Chapter Nine⤛

You crawled onto the sand, panting and spitting out sea water.
"Holy crap that was rough!" Colt stood up wobbly and patted Marcel's back as he coughed up salty water.
Reiner nodded. Porco was sprawled on the sand next to him. It was about 4:30pm, and after being in the water for so long, your hands were filled with cracks and valleys.

"Let's eat." Reiner said and started walking towards where the picnic blanket was. Colt grabbed Marcel and dragged him along, ignoring the man's weak and half-hearted protests. Porco had gotten up and was holding a hand out to hoist you up. Instead you held both your arms out. With a sigh, he picked you up and carried you to the others, you clinging onto his neck like a koala.

Porco dropped you on the blanket, a little "Oof," leaving your body on impact, causing him to smirk.
"Pfft." Reiner had been watching the whole ordeal and made a noise of amusement.  Light banter was made, talking about the fun everyone had body-bashing.
"Did you see Colt on that one big one? He was in the barrel!" Marcel said.
"It was weird. Like I was surrounded by water but yeah..." Colt didn't seem to have the words to explain it, making everyone hoot with laughter.

"Alright so sandwiches?" Reiner asked pulling stuff out of the esky. You reached over and grabbed out two beers, popping the lids off and handed one to Porco. In thanks he nodded and tapped the neck of his bottle against yours. 

Colt was drinking. And not in moderation. While you were all munching away on sandwiches Colt was on his fifth bottle and was more than tipsy. He was leaning on your shoulder for support as you gently patted his back with one hand and ate with the other.  He was spouting nonsensical words, too which no one was paying attention.

Instead the rest of you casted your attention on the sunset. A soft lavender faded into shades of pink and orange. The few clouds took on the colour around them as the sun sunk towards the sea. It was a mesmerising sight that no one could look away from. Except Porco.

Porco's POV
Ahaha trying something new

Even with the breathtaking sunset, I couldn't tear my eyes away. Her still damp hair with the droplets of water catching the last rays of the sun, the way her eyes shone with excitement and happiness makes her look so innocent and childlike. Her smile, the way her eye crinkled when she laughed.

"Hey Porco!" Colt slurred, draping his arm over my shoulder. He must've  moved when I was staring. "Whatcha thinking about?"
"I'm thinking about thirty different ways I could shut you up." A hand hit my arm gently, I looked to see her with an expression that said "I'm trying to look angry but I'm not." I rolled my eyes and went back to attempting to concentrate on the slowly sinking sun, beer in my hands. The sound of the waves crashing against the sand and the faint screech of seagulls were the only sounds to be heard.

The sun had sunk below the horizon, the beach looking as if a blanket of darkness cloaked it. We all trudged back to the campsite, Colt leaning heavily on (Y/n). She had an arm around his back and seemed to be carrying most of his weight. Not as weak as I thought.

"Okay! The showers are pretty good, so I recommend we wash up and then sleep?" Marcel said once placing the esky back in the car. Reiner put everything else away as (Y/n) lugged a half conscious Colt over to the van.
"Sounds good." I shrugged.
"I'll get Colt to shower in the morning so don't worry bout him (N/n)." Reiner stood behind her and placed a hand on her shoulder. She smiled at him tiredly.

"Porco and (Y/n) should go have showers first. Reiner and I will keep an eye on Colt."  Marcel said, handing me a towel and my bag of clothes. He fished out (Y/n)'s and handed it to her with a smile. She barely returned it and I could see just how exhausted she was.

"Come on," I said and gently tugged her along. I wrapped an arm around her waist, pulled her in so most of her weight was being supported by me. She smiled up at me apologetically.

"Thanks Porco." She leant further into me, almost dropping like a sack of potatoes.  We split ways, me going to the males and her going to the females. I showered, brushed my teeth and combed my hair back without the gel.  Through the thin walls I could faintly hear (Y/n) hum.

I waited outside for her to finish. She'd been in there for fifteen minutes. She suddenly walked out, wet hair dripping everywhere. We walked back to camp and I carried her bag as she was obviously to weary to do so.

"Thanks Pock!"

As we got back Reiner and Marcel left us with Colt who was passed out, curled up in a small ball on the mattress in the van. She crawled in and sat down next to him. She softly stroked his hair and he visibly relaxed under her touch. I sat down slightly behind her with a towel. I gently began to dry it. She tilted her head back a little bit giving me better access to her hair. As I sat there drying her hair, I was aware she was slowly drifting off. I finished, her hair light and soft now before shifting her into a sleeping position. I patted her head gently.

"Good night."

A/n:
I'm sorry this one is shorter
Have this as repayment:

A/n: I'm sorry this one is shorterHave this as repayment: