⤜Chapter Thirty⤛

"Oh." Was the only thing you could feel, think or say.

Marcel looked visibly relieved to have cleared the air.

"Sorry if I had caused any misunderstandings!" He apologised once again.

"Oh no! It's okay! I'm glad that it's all been sorted!" You waved your hands around and laughed.

"So we're still chill?" He asked, a hint of worry etched across his face. Your expression soften and your heart melted.

"Oh of course! You're pretty stupid if you thought something like this would ruin our friendship!" You exclaimed as you pulled him in for a hug. He returned it with a chuckle.

"Well I'm glad that's sorted!" Reiner clapped, stepping out from the kitchen.

"How long were you there for?" You squinted at him and made a face.

"A while actually." He confessed. Marcel and you laughed.

"Alright! Seeing as it's just the two of you up right now, what do you want for breakfast?" You asked, jumping up from the couch.

They looked at each other, nodded and then turned to you and said "waffles," completely in sync. You chuckled and got to work.

Instead of sitting on the couch to watch something like you expected they would, they both sat down at the counter and watched you with hawk-like stares.

"Uh? You alright?" You ask eventually as you were whisking the egg whites.

"Yeah so, how's it going with Porco?" Reiner started with a smirk. Marcel mirrored his expression, leaving you to look between the two with bewilderment.

"Really? Now? It's like eight in the morning and Marcel just cleared up that he doesn't like me romantically after confessing last night." You stand with one hand on your hip and an eyebrow raised in disbelief.

The two looked forward, faces dark with an emotion you couldn't decipher. They said nothing else so you rolled your eyes and went back to work.

"Chocolate or berry sauce?" You ask Colt who walked down the stairs five minutes later.

"Both." He answered instantly. You nodded and then beckoned him into the kitchen to help. While he cooked the waffles and snarfed down a few you focused on the sauces.

"Is there room for me to make some coffee?" Porco yawned as he entered the scene, one hand rubbing the back of his neck as if he had slept on it badly.

"Yeah. Why don't you make a pot for everyone? I haven't gotten around to it." You suggested with a smile. Reiner and Marcel grinned at the prospect of having everything made for them. Porco's eye twitched in annoyance and eventually agreed. Not for them.

Breakfast was served and eaten quite happily and a little quicker than usual.

"You guys ate really quickly. Are you still hungry?" You said as you stared clearing up the plates. Marcel stopped you and did it himself. Reiner Fr to work washing as Colt answered.

"I'm content. I just feel like we should do something today. Go to the beach maybe?"

Porco beside him nodded. "Yeah. I'm itching to do something. But I don't feel like getting really sandy." He added. You hummed in thought for a minute.

"We can hit a waterfall place in the mountains. Stay there for a night or something?" You suggest after a minute of biting your lip.

"Hey that sounds good!" Marcel gave his input from the kitchen. You jumped up and clapped your hands with excitement.

"Great! I'll get the car ready, Colt you sort out food and Reiner and Marcel you two can do whatever it is you're doing." You said before walking out hurriedly.

"Do I like not exist?" Porco asked no one in particular. Reiner clapped a hand on his shoulder and whispered in his ear.

"That's her way of asking you to come help her. She's too shy to be straightforward."

"First of all, brush your teeth. Second of all, personal space bud, don't touch me. Thirdly, bye." He shoved Reiner back a bit with his shoulder before walking after you.

"Firstly, ouch. He's back to being his normal self. Secondly, he's a simp." Colt patted Reiner on the shoulder.

Reiner nodded solemnly and Marcel shook his head.

"I heard that Colt! You better hide your nasty, crusty, dusty toes tonight boy!" Porco's voice came from outside, making Colt shudder in fear.

"He will come for your toes Colt. He will." Marcel said seriously.
.
.
.
Porco walked outside to see you bustling about, having bedding and everything already ready to put in the car.

"Wow you're quick." He said, watching you work. You chuckle and nod.

"Would you be a dear and help me put the rooftop camper up please?" You said as you started the scale the ladder.

"Is that really a two person job?" He asked, picking it up with a grunt. It was a small tent about the size of a queen sized bed with steel at the bottom and the mattress inside it already. He heard you laugh again as he lifted it up.

"I've managed to do it myself a couple of times." You replied. He stared at you in disbelief as you took the tent from him.  "Come up and help me fasten it on instead of standing there trying to catch flies with your mouth." He shook his head and chuckled before assisting you.

"Look at them." Colt said, peeking through the curtains and snapping a picture.
"It's pretty, isn't it?" Marcel sighed. Reiner looked back and forth between the two, then at you and finally to Porco before his face morphed into one of disgust.

"Yeah pretty. Pretty pathetic."
.
.
.
"So..." you trailed off uncertainly, tapping your fingers on the steering wheel as you drove, casting a glance at Porco who sat silently next to you.

Colt, Marcel and Reiner thought they were slick by quickly piling into the van, leaving Porco to go with you. The two of you know what they were up to but didn't know if each other knew.

But anyways, there you were, stuck in an uncomfortable silence that was thick and almost sticky. Or maybe that was the heat. He turned to look at you before looking away again.

You didn't know how to react so you sat there quietly, eyes trained on the road and the greenery you passed by.

It was weird. The two of you were fine before, joking, laughing and messing about but there you were, acting like you've never spoken with each other in your lives. You let out a little huff of air before slumping slightly in your seat.

Porco looked at you, cheeks flushed with what he was telling himself was the heat. He frowned at your dejected state before digging in his bag for a moment. He turned to you and held out a packet of gum. You smiled and took a piece, unwrapped it and placed it in your mouth. It instantly diffused the situation, the tension and awkwardness melted away with the cool sensation of gum on your tongue.

That was weird. He didn't like how awkward that felt.