⤜Chapter Twenty-Nine⤛

Sleep evaded you that night, forcing your mind to ponder on Marcel's words.

What was that?

The word love can be used for a lot of things. He loves you as a friend. Just like how you love him as a friend. Love was such a strong word when it came to anything romantic, one that should not be thrown around so carelessly. So it was only possible that he meant it platonically.

That's all you let yourself think. There was nothing else to it.

What about the hurt in his eyes as he spoke?

You scrunched your eyes shut and groan into the pillow, quietly so the sound would be muffled and not carried down to the boys downstairs.

You were too old for the teenage high school drama.
.
.
.
Marcel sat quietly, mind reeling from the previous interaction with you.

What did he say?

Oh no. Oh no. He really screwed up this time.

He looked at his brother happily playing Uno, blissfully unaware of the situation Marcel was in.

He bit his lip and chewed on it gently, before excusing himself to go to bed. Except he found himself at a door that wasn't his.

He breathed in deeply before knocking.

A muffled voice called for him to enter, and he opens the door and walked in to see Reiner lying on the bed on his phone.

"What's up Marcel?" Reiner asked, eyes trained on his phone.

"I told (Y/n) I'm in love with her."
.
.
.
"Ugh Porco I'm tired. Let's go up to bed." Colt groaned as he stood up and stretched. Porco yawned and picked up all the mugs and took them to the kitchen to wash up as Colt packed up the cards.

"Hey Porco, don't kill me for asking but what's going on with you and (Y/n)? Like seriously." Colt asked.

"Why do you ask?"

"Well I'm just worried about the both of you. Call it big brother syndrome. I just want the two of you to be happy."

Porco sighed and turned around to look at the blonde. They stared at each other for a moment before Porco gave in.

"It's too early to tell, but I don't think I've ever been this into someone before." Porco admitted. "I wouldn't mind if this went somewhere."

"That's good to hear. I'm pretty sure (Y/n) feels the same." Colt smiled and sat down at the kitchen island to wait for Porco to finish washing the dishes. Porco scoffed and shook his head.

"I don't think I could deserve her. You know how I am Colt." Porco rolled his eyes and stared at the floor. Colt narrowed his eyes and thought for a moment.

"I do know how you are. You're so much sweeter and nicer to her than you are with anyone else. And I also know how she is. I think you have a chance with her." Colt said with a wink, causing Porco to make a face at him.

"Thanks Colt." He said quietly, patting the man's back. Colt nodded and turned off the lights before following Porco upstairs.
.
.
.

Platonic love, right? You were on your balcony, pacing back and forth. The moon was high and bright, drowning out the stars. You paid no mind to the beautiful sky above you but rather to the worldly problems that were troubling you.

You let out a little screech of distress and pulled on your hair.

It was gonna be a long night.
.
.
.
"You're joking right?" Reiner said, jaw dropping to the floor. Marcel sighed and hit his head on the doorframe.