⤜Chapter Thirty-Three⤛

As he fell, he kept his eyes on you. Not on the world as it blurred around him. But on you as he was falling.

Yeah... he was falling.

The water hit you hard, shocking you slightly. You were extremely grateful that Porco was holding on to you. You went down deep from the speed you gained from the fall, making your ears pop from the sudden change of altitude.

You looked up at him, to see him smiling down at you. Well it was blurry due to the water but you were pretty sure it was a smile.

Porco did all the work. He held you to his body with one arm while the other propelled the two of you up.

He must work out a lot.

The water surface broke and you gasped for air. Porco was still holding onto you as he treaded water to keep you afloat.

You looked at him with a big grin on his face before laughing. He smiled and you and let out a quiet chuckle. The moment was ruined by Marcel, who took the liberty of jumping in with a very loud scream.

Reiner was next, just narrowly missing Marcel when he resurfaced. You looked up to the top of the waterfall to see Colt peering over. You couldn't see his facial expression because of the distance but you imagined that he didn't look too thrilled.

"Just jump!" Marcel yelled up to him. "It's not that bad!" Colt disappeared from the edge only to appear mid-air a minute later, screaming like a child who had been clocked over the head with a bat.

He narrowly missed the rocks and took his time resurfacing, scaring the living daylight out of you. But he popped up a minute later, gasping for air like a fish on land.

He turned to you where you were seated on a rock with the others, a crazed look in his eyes.
"You guys are actually insane. Spontaneous but insane." He said breathlessly before swimming over slowly.

You shook your head as Marcel and Reiner laughed.

"I'm honestly surprised that you jumped." Porco stated. Colt looked mildly offended for a moment before realising that he was right. 

"I, unlike the rest of you, do not have a death wish." He exclaimed, arms flailing. Marcel looked away, stifling a laugh.

"Yeah it was kinda stupid." Reiner said looking to you and Porco. "You guys were there one second and gone the next. We were pretty worried that you had just fallen."

"I prefer reckless to stupid thank you very much." You grinned, wringing  water out of you hair. Porco smirked as he patted your shoulder. Reiner and the other two rolled their eyes, Colt muttering something under his breath.

"Hey, can we go have lunch?" Marcel piped up after a good ten minutes of soaking in the afternoon sun. "I'm hungry."

"We've already had lunch." You replied, eyes still shut as you lay still on the rock next to Porco.

"But I'm hungry."

"Go get a snack."

There was no further reply after that, other than a few little grumbles.

"What's the time?" Colt asked after about five minutes. You and Porco just sighed.

"It's probably almost five-thirty as the sun is starting to set." Porco murmured, leaving you to nod in agreement.

"I wanna know the time."

"I don't have a watch on. Shut up."

Colt was silent after that. You all continued to soak up the last of the sun's rays before Reiner spoke up.

"Okay let's go back and make dinner, crack open a couple of beers and roast some marshmallows." He suggested. You groaned and rolled over, body colliding with Porco's with enough force that the two of you would've ended up in the water if not for his quick reflexes and excessive muscle.

You clambered out of his grip and back onto the rock and he did the same after making sure you were in no risk of slipping off.

"Oh my gosh just...already." Colt groaned under his breath. Marcel and Reiner's eyes widened at whatever it was he said.
"What was that Colt?" Porco asked coolly.

"Nothing." Colt whistled and stood up, jumping from rock to rock back to the campsite.

"I'll be right back, I just need to invert his rib cage real quick." Porco stood up with a little groan. You rolled your eyes and shook your head, hand reaching up to grab him and pull him back down.

"Leave him be. We need to go make dinner soon anyways." You explained when he looked at you questioningly.
.
.
.

"We need more wood." Marcel murmured, poking the fire with a stick.

"Rein?" You called from the makeshift kitchen bench.
"Yeah, yeah. I'm going." He grumbled as he pushed himself up from where he was sitting.

"I'll come with you." Porco suddenly said, much to the surprise of everyone else.

You cast a glance at Marcel who shrugged as Porco and Reiner walked off.

"What's up Galliard?" Reiner asks, snapping sticks apart. Porco watched silently for a moment, contemplating his next words.

"What's up with (Y/n)?" He asked. Reiner looked at him tiredly before sighing.

"She's like any other person Porco. She's complex."

Porco proceed to snap a large branch off a dead tree. "Yeah. But I'm talking about like her past. Like she has a brother, right?" He questioned. Reiner stopped to look at him.

"Her brother was an absolute jerk who does not deserve her looking after him." Reiner grit his teeth. Porco looked even more confused. Reiner picked up on this and sighed.
"When she needed him most, he wasn't there. He tore her down and absolutely crushed her soul. He has alway been a terrible person who never cared about her." Reiner continued. Porco looked a little bit confused but nodded.

"And now she basically looks after him. She has every right to be mad at him, to cut him out of her life but she doesn't." Reiner scoffed, obviously unhappy about the situation. Porco narrowed his eyes for a moment.

"I don't know man. This all sounds like something out of a Wattpad fan-fic." Porco muttered. Reiner blinked slowly before chuckling.

"I suppose it would sound weird." He said as he started to walk away, arms full or thick branches. Porco gathered up what he collected and followed after him. "I'm gonna lay this out now. I know that you're crushing on her or whatever, don't even try to deny it." He shot a glare at Porco who had opened his mouth to interject but ended up huffing irritatedly. "But you can't expect her to open up immediately. It might take time to trust you. And once you gain her trust, don't you dare break it Galliard."

The way that Reiner looked at Porco was chilling. Porco nodded seriously before entering the clearing where you were finishing up dinner.

You cast a smile in their direction and Porco's heart skipped a beat. "I was starting to think you guys were lost! What took you so long?" You laughed, plating up food for them and passing it over.

"Sorry we got caught up talking." Reiner smiled. You raised an eyebrow skeptically before shrugging it off. "Alright as long as you're okay." Porco nodded.

"What is up with this chick?"