⤜Chapter Thirty-Seven⤛

Colt woke up to Kurama pawing at his face. He chuckled and picked the creature up, holding it above his face before gently nuzzling his nose against hers.

"Let's go get you some food, huh?" He cooed, sliding out of bed carefully and slipping down stairs. He found you on the couch, immersed in a book, sitting next to Marcel who was sipping a cup of coffee whilst reading a magazine. Your legs lay across his lap and his arms rested across them.

Reiner was in the kitchen, eating a large bowl of cereal.

"Morning." Colt acknowledged everyone as he walked by. You all replied in different ways before turning back to their activities.

It was about ten in the morning, and you all hadn't been up for very long. Porco's figure could be seen in the distance where he was running, as he woke up with the motivation to get some exercise.

Colt walked past Reiner too look in the fridge for the bag of ham he bought to feed Kurama. He set the cub down to eat while he prepared some toast for everyone.

With more than half a loaf worth of bread prepared on a plate, he grabbed out different spreads for everyone.

"I made some toast for us. It's nothing fancy just bread." He said. You called out your thanks along with Marcel. Sitting at the kitchen counter you did your toast up how you liked it as Reiner poured juice for everyone.

"Thanks you guys ," you repeated, actions slow and sleepy. The four of you ate rather quietly, most eyes trained on little Kurama as she ate.

The silence was broken by the glass doors being opened and a panting and sweating Porco entered.

"Was it raining out there?" Colt asked, eyeing Porco. The man scowled and flipped him off before trudging to the bathroom to have a shower.

"Well he seems grumpy." Reiner muttered into his glass of orange juice.

"Could be lack of sleep. We didn't exactly go to bed early." You suggested with a shrug. Marcel nodded at your words.

"Don't worry about it. He'll be right."
.
.
.

He wasn't alright. His foul mood continued through the rest of the morning, blowing you all off to the point you just stopped acknowledging him.

"Okay maybe I was wrong." Marcel admits, voice quiet as to not provoke his brother who was taking up the entire living room with his attitude.

"Maybe?" Reiner and Colt ask skeptically. Marcel rolled his eyes.

"I don't appreciate your sarcasm."

"Anyways, got any ideas as to how to deal with it?" You asked, leaning in to the middle of the counter. The three men each other with plotting grins before eyeing you.

"Nope nope maybe we should figure out what made him angry." You quickly suggest. The others quickly agreed but you knew that you'd be used as a sacrificial lamb.

"Now any suggestions?" Marcel asked after a minute of silence. Everyone looked at each other before shaking their heads.

"You're his brother. You should know." Reiner said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Colt nodded along and Marcel just sighed in exasperation. You made a face and patted him on the back comfortingly.

'He should have a better idea than the rest of us,' You thought to yourself. "Does he usually do this? Just randomly get mad?" You asked instead. Marcel nodded.

"Yeah. Sometimes he just has off days and he acts like a jerk. Usually there isn't a reason for it, it just happens."

"Wow okay so there probably isn't a reason. He just woke up in a bad mood." Colt summarized. Reiner nodded and added,

"Well that sucks for us."  He, and the other two turned to you, plotting expressions back on their faces as they all rubbed their hands together. You sighed and waved your hands around.

"I'll deal with it then. It really should be Marcel but whatever."

"Yeah  but he's sweet on you! He'd punch my teeth in if I tried something!" Marcel exclaimed. You continued arguing with him as Colt and Reiner conversed.

"You and Falco aren't like Marcel and Porco, right?" Reiner asked, eyeing Marcel disdainfully. Colt shook his head with a mocking sigh.

"If only they were as sophisticated as we are." He sniffed. The two of them snickered to themselves before the sight of you marching off caught their attention. They looked to Marcel who looked like he was praying to the angels.

You walked up the stairs pausing for a moment to listen for the sound of the shower running. When you couldn't hear it you carried on to Porco's room with a sigh. Rapping on the door with your knuckles you awaited a response. A growl from the other side made you blink before calling out.

"Hey Pock? It's just me. Wanna go get bubble tea or something?" You ask. A second later the door opened and Porco stood there, hair messily pushed back and a scowl on his face.

"The others?" He asked gruffly. You blinked again.

"Nope just us?" You say it as more of a question so he could decide what he wanted.

"Good." He nodded, closing the door again only to open it thirty seconds later to reveal him with different clothes.

"Gimme a sec, I need to go get changed too." You smiled sheepishly before ducking into your room next door. Slipping on something more presentable than your lounge clothes, you exited to find Porco leaning against the wall outside.

"Let's go!" You point and march onwards, hoping some of your cheer and positivity would rub off on him.

By the time you were driving past the beach he seemed in a much better mood. He wore a small smile as he sung along to the radio. You mentally applauded yourself and decided to ask him after you guys had gotten drinks.

"So what do you feel like?" You asked, stopping at red light as you entered the seaside town.

"You mentioned bubble tea, right? Let's go with that."

.
.
.

Fifteen minutes later you were walking along the beach, shoes in one hand, drink in the other. Neither of you were talking but the silence was welcome and pleasant; filled with the sounds of the waves and wind.

It was around midday and the sun was shining down rather harshly.

"It's hot today isn't it?" You ask, stepping quickly in the hot sand. Porco nodded.

"Wanna walk in the water?" He suggested, taking note of your feet dancing on the ground. You smiled thankfully and the two of you made your way to the water, walking ankle deep, the waves occasionally lapping at your calves.

"Sorry about being a jerk earlier." Porco muttered a little while later, swirling the contents of his cup around. You looked at him for a moment before nodding.

"It's okay. Wanna tell me what's up?" You ask patting his arm. He shrugs in response before sighing lightly. 

"I don't know. Sometimes I'm just in a bad mood. There's not much I can do about it." He answers taking a sip of his drink. You nodded and looped your arm around his. He looked down at you with the faintest expression of surprise.

"It's okay Pock. All of us have bad days sometimes. Just let us know and we'll stay out of your way, kay?" You grin, bumping into him playfully with a swing of your hips. He stopped for a moment, staring at you thoughtfully before sighing and nodding, thanking you quietly.

As the two of you continued walking, something in the distance caught your attention.

"Hey Porco! Look at that." You pointed to the object of your curiosity. He shrugged hoping you'd leave it alone but of course, you dragged him straight towards it. Well rather he allowed you to drag him.