⤜Chapter Forty-Seven⤛

Ahaha. It's been a while. Lowkey wrote this up in an hour for my darling JadeWhiteFox (hopefully that tags you) so if there's a heap of errors don't get mad. Ilya<333

"Ow." Colt whined, caressing his back where Porco had hit. You shook your head and patted his head.

The fire was roaring and meat was cooking on the grill, beers were being passed around and Kurama was toying with a dead mouse.

Marcel watched in disgust as she swung it around. "Can someone please stop her?" Cold gave him a look.

"Oh shut up you big baby, just cause you had that done to  your balls it doesn't mean you can cry about it years later." The blonde rolled his eyes and scooped the fox up in his arms, dead mouse and all.

"Colt is sleeping outside tonight!" Marcel called out to Reiner who was manning the fire. He looked up and nodded with a grin and thumbs up.

You and Porco watched the commotion, a faint smile on your face. Porco watched you, adoration in his eyes.

"(Y/n)," He breathed, leaning in. You shivered and looked into his eyes. "Don't leave me behind on this trip."

You shook your head and reached for the compass around your neck. "Of course not Pock. That's what this is for, right? No matter what we'll find each other."

"Yeah but when you say it like that it sounds as if you're planning on leaving me." He smiled sadly, wrapping you up in his arms and holding you close.

"Oh god shut up." A thong came flying at Porco, slapping in the face. Colt stood with his hands on his hips. "Don't be so cheesy. I'm lactose intolerant."

"One of man's weakest links." Reiner leant and whispered to Marcel who snorted. Colt glared at Reiner, pointing a finger.

"Says the mofo with a peanut allergy."

"Anyways." You chuckled and Porco rolled his eyes. "I'm gonna finish getting dinner ready." You stood up with a stretch.

Porco nodded, standing with you and walking over to Reiner and Colt. Hopefully to stop them squabbling.

Marcel sidled up next to you, helping you plate up the food. "I can't believe the trip's almost over."

You looked at him and sighed with a smile. "I know what you mean. It honestly felt like it would go on forever."

With a nod, Marcel dropped a steak. The two of you looked at each other, then back at the meat before he grabbed it and dusted it off. "Extra iron" He shrugged before slapping it down on a plate.

You blinked slowly before whispering, "Colt?"

"Colt." Marcel nodded.

.

.

.

"Precious nourishment!" Colt slid over, grabbing the plate Marcel held out to him. Reiner and Porco followed behind, both covered in dirt and grass. You handed a plate to Porco after pulling a few leaves out of his hair, stifling a grin. He grumbled and glared at Reiner before kissing your forehead and sitting down. You sat beside him, watching the fire as you ate. "Hey, my steak is crunchy." You heard from across the campfire.

"I think we're all in need of some aloe vera." Porco muttered, inspecting his pinkened skin. You giggle as you poke it. He slapped your hand away and poked your cheek.

"I love camping with (Y/n). I eat better than I do at home." Reiner sprawled on the camp chair beside you, mouth full. "Thank you."

You smiled and nodded. "Yeah without me you'd be eating baked beans and spaghetti. And burnt toast." Adding the last bit with a pointed look to Colt.

"Porco can cook alright." Colt chimes in, ignoring your look. "Marcel is lowkey kinda mid at everything he does."

"Don't you get tired?" Marcel furrows his brow. Colt raised one of his whilst feeding some meat to Kurama.

"Tired of what? Always being right? Yeah." He responded.

"No, tired of starting fights." Marcel flung himself at the blonde, tackling him to the ground. Reiner, Porco and  you watched disinterestedly.

"I'm not exactly sure I want to continue with accounting when I get back home." Reiner said with a pensive look. You hummed curiously. "I dunno, this trip has given me the feeling that I want something else."

Porco nodded. "I get that. I mean I literally work as a security guard so I'm not really where I want to be in life." They nodded at each other before turning to you expectantly.

"Hmm?" You looked at them.

"What do you want to do, petal?" Reiner prompted.

"Oh. Well. If I move up, I might look into starting a restaurant. Oh or a cafe! And I can like sell stuff I grow, like flowers and veggies!" You spoke with excitement, eyes shining and hands flailing about so much that Porco reached out and grabbed your plate so it wouldn't fall. He watched you as you continued speaking animatedly with an adoring smile gracing his lips.

"You okay?" Reiner nudged him with a whisper.

Porco continued staring at you, starstruck. "You know, every time she talks, I think I fall for her a little more."

Reiner smiled and nodded, patting Porco on the shoulder. "You better look after her, Porco."

For once, Porco didn't make a sarcastic reply to Reiner. He looked up at the blonde and spoke with  a sincere expression. "I will."

.

.

.

"COLT! WAKE UP!" Marcel screeched, making you look up from where you were helping Porco and Reiner pack up. The three of you looked at each other before collectively walking over to see what the commotion was about.

"What?" Colt woke up, licking his lips and eyes squinted.

"Your feral animal relieved itself on my jacket!" Marcel retorted, shaking the sleepy boy violently. Your spectating party walked away.

"Last day of driving!" You cheer, stretching out.

"Ah yes. Then we return to our normal monotonous lives." Reiner slung an arm around you, crushing you.

"Ugh get off beefball!" You laugh, attempting to shove him off. Porco watched with amusement, for some reason completely unjealous and unbothered. 

"Alright are we packed up and ready to go?" Marcel walked over with a bright grin, Colt trailing behind him with a limp.

You, Reiner and Porco all looked at each other and nodded.

"Yeah! We'll stop off if we get too hungry." you smiled back, glancing at Colt. Marcel saw this and shifted so he was out of view.

"Don't worry about him. He'll be fine." His grin growing wider.

"Oh god." Reiner muttered to Porco.

"There's no helping him now." Porco whispered back.