⤜Chapter Forty-Three⤛

After the boys had calmed down and you had finished a cup of tea, Colt was up and ready to go continue building the treehouses.

"Well what's the point if we're leaving the day after tomorrow?" Porco asked, gulping down water.

"For when we come up again!" Colt replied as if it was the most obvious thing ever. He then turned to you with pleading eyes. "We will come back right?"

"Of course." You smiled with a nod. "This has been the most fun I've had in years. I don't even want to go back..." you trailed off.

"I mean you can move here if you want. That way you can look after the property and you can study remotely." Reiner suggested.

"Yeah. And don't you dare say anything about having to look after your brother. He can shove his head up his-" Colt was cut off by Marcel slapping the back of his head with a smile.

"What we're trying to say is do what you wanna do. Live for you now." Marcel ruffled our hair. Synchronically, everyone turned their heads to Porco to see what he had to say.

"What?" He looked around awkwardly before making eye contact with his brother who stared at him expectantly. Porco sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I'm in no position to stop you if it's what you want to do." He started looking everywhere but at you.

"But...?" Colt said, encouraging him to finish as he stroked Kurama's fur.

"But I guess I don't really want you to? Like we've only just met and I want this to go somewhere but it's be hard if you decided to live up here." He finished, tone turning almost aggressive as he became flustered.

You smiled to yourself and chuckled. "It's not like I'd be able to move right away. I'd have to sort everything out, get a job up here and whatnot. It'd take at least six months." You reassured him.

"Aw look at them. They're so cute." Colt whispered to Reiner who nodded, deep in thought.

"Hey look, this is a wild suggestion but, what if, like if you guys are still together or whatever, Porco moves in with you up here?" Reiner trailed off uncertainly, rubbing the back of his head.

"Yeah I don't like the idea of you living up here alone. Maybe I should come live with you too." Colt slung an arm around your shoulder and rested his head on the other. You smiled and rested your head on his.

"Maybe I will move up here. It'd be easier to look after the house and everything. Plus I can sell whatever I grow at the markets as well as work." You thought out loud. The boys nodded encouragingly until Reiner stood up, startling everyone.

"Okay then, let's go build treehouses!" He dragged Colt off of his seat by his shirt as the smaller male yelped and held onto his fox carefully. Marcel stood up with a laugh and followed after them as Porco waited for you to stand up, his hand outstretched. You took it with a soft smile and the two of you walked hand in hand.

"Sorry about that. I don't know why Reiner suggested what he did." You apologised sheepishly but somewhere not very deep down, you definitely liked the idea. "We're not even dating." You forced out with a nervous laugh.

"We're not?" Porco looked at you, confusion visibly displayed on his face. Your face fell into one of mortification.

"Are we?" Your mouth was agape and eyes were wide. "I- but we're not official..?" You trailed off uncertainly.

"Oh." Porco looked down at his shoes before taking a step away from you, hand sliding from your grasp. "In that case then..."

"Wait, Pock!" You reached out for him only for him to dodge your hand.