⤜Chapter Forty-One⤛

It was about ten in the morning when you woke up again. The pain in your abdomen subsided a little, enough for you to get up and out of bed with minimal complaint. Upon descending the stairs, you were greeted with the scent of cooking pancakes and shouts of 'good morning' from the boys. Porco was in the kitchen cooking as Colt had Kurama on the counter, dangling bits of uncooked bacon for the cub to eat. Reiner and Marcel were on the couch doing whatever on their phones.

"Mornin' princess." Porco said as you walked into the kitchen, wrapping his arms around you and planting a kiss on the side of your head. "Not too tired?"

"Mm... I slept really well after going out." You smiled into his shirt. "Thank you."

"Don't mention it. Sit down, I'll have breakfast ready in a bit."

"You sure you don't need any help?" You asked uncertainly before Colt pulled you into one of the chairs.

"Hang with me and Kurama for a little." He said, ruffling you hair. Porco just nodded and went back to cooking. "So... what did you and Porco do last night?" He asked in a suggestive tone. You slapped the top of his head lightly and scowled.

"Mind out of the gutter please Colt."

"Right right I'm sorry. Oh. You're on your period." He snapped his fingers in remembrance. "You're not very grumpy though." He said poking and pulling at one of your cheeks until you slapped his hand away.

"Yeah Porco and I went out to go and get chocolates and stuff last night."

"Oh that's why I heard a pterodactyl screech at like two in the morning." Reiner chimed in from the couch. You chuckled and turned your attention to the little fox in front of you, scratching her ears affectionately.

"Alright pancakes are done idiots." Porco called out, slipping the apron off and hanging it up. You slid off the chair, grappling a plate and serving yourself before opening the glass doors to sit on the patio. The others took their time in joining you, Colt bringing a jug of juice and Marcel and Reiner carrying glasses with their plates.

You got up to grab cutlery for everyone before sitting down again to eat. Breakfast was a lot calmer, everyone in a more docile and relaxed mood than usual.

"So, what's the plan for today?" Reiner asked, scraping his fork across his plate.

"Dunno. (Y/n) is on her period so it limits us to dry activities." Marcel replied, causing you all to look at him with varying levels of discomfort.

"Let's go to the beach." You say, breaking the very awkward silence. When they looked at you uncertainly you sighed and shook your head. "It's such a nice day and I feel like spending it in the sun. Let's go to the rock pools."

"Alright okay. I'll grab some towels and stuff while you guys clean up." Colt suggested and ran off, Kurama in his arms. Everyone scowled at his desperation to avoid cleaning up. But you all got it done quickly thanks to the power of friendship and team work, and all ended up in the car ready to go at about eleven.

"Alright, someone take the aux off of Colt please." You sighed, rubbing your temple with one hand as the other steered the car. The drive to the beach you had in mind was only around fifteen minutes but you had spent exactly six of those minutes listening to "Airplanes" twice.

"Yeah hang on." Marcel said before violently ripping the cord out of Colt's phone despite the blonde boy's protests.

"But it's a bop." He whined.

"We don't ship Mordetwi here you cretin." Reiner said looking down at him intimidatingly. Marcel had thrown on some Barbie bops so everyone was happy at that point.