⤜Chapter Forty-Six⤛

The night at the hotel was an experience. Your sleep was constantly interrupted by such things as Reiner's or Kurama's whining, Colt getting up to use the bathroom or Marcel's snoring.

By morning, you were extremely curious as to how Porco hadn't stirred once that night. But upon further investigation, you saw that he had his WindSeeds in.

You scoffed, exhaustion clinging to your eyes in the form of dark rings.

"Good morning my gorgeous raccoon." Porco chuckled huskily and you rolled your eyes, pushing him off you.

"I'm mad but I have no valid reason to be mad about." You groaned, hitting his arm halfheartedly. "Stupid Colt and his weak bladder-"

"Hey!"

"Bloody Marcel the elephant over here."

"Sorry."

"And the poor little fox who's been ripped away from her home and deceased mother. And Reiner the squeaky door." You continued grumbling as you packed up your stuff, Porco watching you with an amused expression.

"Sorry love. I'll drive today, yeah?" He kissed your shoulder as he wrapped his arms around your waist. Sighing, you nodded gratefully as you patted his hand.

"Okay people let's get a move on, everything's in the car. Let's go get food." Reiner announced, opening the room's door dramatically. His eyes fell to your lifeless form and he winced. "Aish. Who's practicing necromancy?"

Porco held back a snicker, clearing his throat innocently when you glared at him.

Eventually everyone filed into their respective cars; Colt, Marcel and Reiner in the van, Kurama in Colt's lap and you and Porco to your car.

"So when we stop off for food," Porco started asking as he pulled out of the motel. "Do you want me to wake you up?" 

You hummed and nodded, repositioning your pillow against the window to get comfortable. "Don't get me a coffee though. Just like a smoothie or something."

"Okay. Get some sleep Aizawa kinnie."  He rubbed your forehead gently. You grumbled but complied, falling asleep to the quiet hum of music and the sound of the car's engine.

.

.

.

"Oi gremlin, I got food." You woke up to Colt pressing his face against the window, startling you.

"Move it." Porco smacked him in the back of the head before walking around to the drivers side and sliding in. "You okay, princess?"

You groaned, stretching in the confines of the car before nodding. "Whatcha got there?" You asked looking at his occupied hands.

"A smoothie." He answered, handing it to you. You took a sip with a contented nod before sighing.

"What's the time?" You asked.

Porco looked down at his phone before answering, "One. We're camping tonight, right?"

Nodding, you released the straw from your mouth to reply, "Yep, at the beach camping grounds we stopped at on the way up."

With a hum, he closed the door of the driver's side and started up the car. "You gonna go back to sleep?"

"Nah you need me to navigate." You grinned. His face became stoic and you panicked internally. "What's up?"

"What's gonna happen to us after this trip?" He asked suddenly, knuckles white as he gripped the steering wheel.

"Oh." Was all you could say. You hadn't really thought it through, you were wrapped up living a fairytale. "Right."

"Sorry." He muttered, eyes trained on the road. "I shouldn't have brought it up."

"No no! It's good. Communication is essential. It's just that I hadn't thought about it." You reassured him nervously. "What do you want to happen?"

He murmured to himself before clearing his throat. "Whatever makes you happy."

You smiled and nodded. "Well, I think we'll be able to maintain a relationship back home. And that's what I want."

Porco sighed in relief. "Yeah. What about you moving up here? Or was that all just talk?"

"No." You gave him a weak smile. "The main purpose of the trip up was to assess the house and see whether I wanted to sell it, or move up. But, I think moving up will be good for me."

Porco tries to be understanding. But he didn't like the idea of you leaving. "When?" He asked through a clenched jaw.

"Maybe two, three years time? Don't worry about it Pock. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it." You reached up and placed a kiss on his cheekbone, your hand stroking his jaw. "It'll be okay."

He relaxed into your touch and nodded. If you guys got to that bridge.

Plugging your aux into your phone, you put on a fitting playlist and finished your smoothie. Conversation was sparse but the silence wasn't awkward.

.

.

.

You pulled into the beach camping grounds after the others. You jumped out, stretching out your limbs.

"You okay? You look tense." Reiner observed, handing you a strip of gum. Taking it with a thanks, you smiled wearily.

"Yeah. Mentally exhausted." Reiner chuckled, ruffling your hair and slinging an arm around you, pulling you towards the beach.

"You guys start setting up. (Y/n) and I are gonna take a walk." He spoke with a smug smirk, waving the others off.

You couldn't help but smile at his attitude.

"Don't worry, we'll get some firewood."

And so you did. Walking along the tree line of the beach the two of you picked up sticks. It was a good five minutes before Reiner broke the silence.

"What did Porco say? Or do?" His voice was soft and reassuring. You sighed and look up at him.

"He wanted to know what would happen when we got back."

"Ooh." Reiner winced. "Please tell me you replied decently."

"What would be a decent response?" You made a face. "Actually no I handled it well. But he also asked about whether I'd be moving up or not."

"And you will be, right?" Reiner clarified and you nodded.

"Yeah. I think I need it." You sighed. "I've been held down by ties that have already been severed. I need a new start as cliche as it sounds."

"Now," Reiner started cautiously, "Porco. Is he a part of your new start, or are you leaving him behind?"

Your horrified face answered his question. "Rein, you don't think I'm leaving you guys, right? I wouldn't be able to do that!"

"Okay okay!" Reiner chuckled, wrapping you in his arms comfortingly. "Just checking."

"I just need out of that city, the memories and my brother." You told him.

"Good. I've hated seeing you suffer over the years." He smiled, giving you a light squeeze.

"I wouldn't have been able to get through it without you guys." You hugged him back, exhaling contentedly.

"Even Colt?" Reiner joked.

"Hey! I'm pretty awesome!" Colt's voice shouted from behind a tree.

"Good job, you gave us away." Porco spoke in an irritated tone before a slap rung out.