Insanity

ELENA's POV:

Matt and I  entered my house.

Elena: I'm so sorry. Listen. When I asked you to stay with Jeremy, I never thought--Matt: What did you expect, Elena? It's Damon.Elena: I never wanted anyone to get hurt.Matt: Well, then you shouldn't have left him in charge. Look. I'm sorry. I know you didn't have a choice. Sire bond and all.Elena: Sire bond doesn't work like that.Matt: All I know, Elena, is that the old you would have never left Jeremy with Damon, especially after what happened last night.

[My cell phone rings; i answers it.]

Elena: Jeremy?Jeremy: (On the phone.) Elena, we're in trouble.Elena: Whoa whoa whoa, slow down. Where's Damon?Jeremy: Listen to me. Kol and Vanessa attacked us. I barely got away, but they have Damon.

After that I sped off to Klaus' mansion. 

Klaus is sitting on a sofa in his living room in front of a lit fireplace. I am sitting on the other sofa opposite him.

Klaus: A bit ironic, you coming to me for help. Weren't your friends just trying to bury me in a cement tomb?Elena: This is your fault. You started this when you forced Jeremy to kill those vampires.Klaus: And now my little brat of a brother and sister in law have  gone and made things worse. Well, he never did like Damon. I suppose I should do something, shouldn't I?Elena: Call them off, Klaus.Klaus: You are in no position to make demands, love. Whilst I'd like to cure you to make more hybrids, I do have other reasons for finding the cure, not the least of which is destroying it so you lot can't use it against me.Elena: Whatever our differences, we want the same thing. Please, Klaus, I'm begging you.

Klaus smiles at her then rolls his eyes as he gets out his cell phone. He calls Kol who is still in the back storage room at the bar.

Klaus: Little brother. Just two days home, and I'm told you and Vanessa have already gone and made a mess.Kol: Come on, Nik. we were only having some fun.Klaus: Those vampires were for my hunter.
I then heard Vanessa's voice. Vanessa: I'll make some more. There's no shortage of people.Klaus: Where's Damon Salvatore?Kol: I gave him a good and proper beating just for old time's sake. Especially considering he went after his own sister.Klaus: Yes. Well, you've both  had your fun. Now let him go and come home. Avoid any more trouble, or you'll find yourself back in a box.Kol: Hey. No need to be nasty about it. 
Vanessa: if he ends up in a box Nik you'll end up with a tribrid bite.Klaus: On the contrary, I find nastiness to be essential whenever my siblings try to sabotage me. Listen closely, Kol. Vanessa. Stay away from the Gilbert boy. You understand?Kol: Fine. I won't touch him. You have my word. 
I then realised that he said that he won't touch him.. but that means Vanessa will. 

VANESSA's POV:

Kol hangs up. Damon is sitting on a beer keg holding a stake in his chest.

Kol: Very good, darling. Now stab yourself a little bit further. [He compels Damon to obey.]Damon: [pushing the stake into himself, he groans in pain] If you're gonna kill me, do it like a man.Kol: I don't want to kill you. I just wanted to make sure you could be compelled.Damon: I'm gonna rip out your spleen.
Vanessa: you may be my brother Damon but you will not lay a hand on him do you understand me?
Damon: if i'm your brother why are you doing this to me. 
Vanessa: you did it to me so to be honest it makes no difference. Kol: You ought to be thanking me. I mean you don't really want the cure found. You fancy Elena. I mean, even more now that she's a vampire. Admit it. The last vestige of her humanity is her annoying little brother Jeremy, and deep, deep down, I bet you want him dead, don't you?Damon: Nope.Kol: [laughing] You're lying. I bet you'd love to rip his head right off...And I'm gonna give you your wish. Vanessa. Darling? 
He looks at me and then I nod.
I crouched down in front of my brother and compels him.] You're not gonna remember what either of us say say, but you're going to find Jeremy Gilbert, and when you do, you're going to kill him.
We then released Damon and he sped off. 
Kol: darling follow him make sure he doesn't get stopped. 
Vanessa: on it. 
He kissed me on the forehead and then I sped off. I found Damon and Elena in grill. 
I then spoke to Kol through the soulmate link:
Vanessa: Baby?
Kol: Darling?
Vanessa: they are in the grill. 
Kol: atta girl keep me posted baby. 
Vanessa: of course I will. 
Kol: I love you. 
Vanessa: I love you too. 
I then came out of the conversation but he can still read my thoughts and I listened carefully to the conversation that the Damon and Elena were having. I was hiding in the shadows. 

Matt is clearing a table. Damon approaches him, followed by Elena.

Damon: Don't you ever take a night off?Matt: I took two days off to help you out at the lake house, remember? I almost got killed?Damon: Where's Jeremy?Matt: He's in the back, I think.Damon: Hmm. [he walks around Matt heading for the back room.]Elena: [to Matt] Are you doing okay?Matt: Yeah. All things considered.

[Damon spots Jeremy across the restaurant. They make eye contact. Damon's eyes start to vamp out and he begins crossing the restaurant toward Jeremy, who looks alarmed.]

Jeremy: Damon. [He stops suddenly and looks around at her, a strange look on his face.] Are you all right? What's going on? [Damon turns away to see a door close; Jeremy's gone.]

Jeremy in the back room. He looks around, withdraws his gun, cocks it and stands aiming it at the door. But then he looks down at a metal panel on the wall, covering the entrance to underground tunnels.]

 Damon, still looking slightly odd. He looks at Elena then turns and walks toward the back room. Elena follows.

Elena: [in the back room] Damon, what is wrong with you?Damon: It was Kol. He must have compelled me. If I find Jeremy...I'm gonna kill him. 
I made myself known. : oh Damon it wasn't Kol. 
Damon: you! you did this to me. I hate you. I wish you was never my sister.
[He vamp-runs down into the tunnel. Elena looks down through the entrance, bewildered.]
Elena turned to me with sympathy in her eyes. I looked down and looked back up. 
Vanessa: well if he won't kill Jeremy. I will hurt him another way. 
Elena: what do you mean?
My eyes turn purple and veins appear under my eyes I rush at Elena at bite her. Her screams filled the grill. Matt freaked and called Stefan and Damon. I left before they can get me. I found Kol still in that bar. 
Kol: you bit Elena. 
Vanessa: He knows I compelled him. He's going to resist. So I'm going to make him suffer the worst way possible. Losing the one you love the most. 
Kol smirks at me and pulls me into a hug and then whispers: Damon should be lucky that he has such a sexy, badass sister. I chuckled into his chest. 
Kol: come on let's go see Nik. 
Vanessa: yes let's go. 
We sped back home. 

We walked into a room. Rebekah enters from the other side, blocking our way.

Rebekah: Going somewhere? I would if I were you. If Damon kills the hunter, Nik will not be pleased.Kol: [smiling] I told Nik I wouldn't touch the kid. I didn't.Rebekah: [sarcastically] Oh. Well, that was clever. I'm sure he'll really appreciate it. But yet you have a double meaning. You won't touch him.. doesn't mean Jeremy can't. 
Vanessa: well done Bekah.

I pushed past his sister to leave but Rebekah pulls out the white oak ash dagger and points it at my back. Kol stops in front of me and turns back to see the situation and looks afraid.

Kol: You'd really dagger her?Rebekah: If I do, Damon's compulsion ends and this is all over.Kol: And then you're no better than Niklaus. Daggering siblings and family when you disagree with them-- Look at what this family has become. I mean, Elijah won't even show his face, he's so disgusted by our bickering. This cure has ruined us, and it hasn't even been found yet. Just imagine what would happen if it is.Rebekah: This family was ruined long before we knew about the cure.

I vamp-speeds around to face Rebekah and points the white oak stake at her heart.]

Rebekah: Vanessa!Vanessa: I won't let you raise Silas.

[Klaus vamp-runs into the room and breaks us up.]

Klaus: Enough of this foolishness. Put it down, Vanessa. Kol control your wife and leave. 
Kol: what did you say about her?!
Vanessa: Kol leave it let's go. 
I passed Kol the white oak stake and he put it in his inner jacket pocket. 

[Kol and I vamp-runs out of the house.]

Rebekah: She was going to kill me!Klaus: Well, then, I think you need a lesson in how to properly dagger someone especially Vanessa.Rebekah: Burn in hell. [She turns and leaves the house.]