Kol and the Gilberts Part 2/ a new beginning

3RD PERSON

Jeremy walks in cautiously, holding up a gun loaded with wooden bullets. He closes the door and hears a noise. He's ready to shoot, but stops when he sees it's Elena.]

Elena: I'm sorry. He left. I mean, I – I tried to stall as long as I could.

[The doorbell rings.]

Jeremy: That's Bonnie. She was right behind me.

[Elena goes to open the door, but it's Kol.]

Kol: I've considered your request for a truce. Request denied.

[Elena slams the door in his face.]

Kol: [shouting] I'm sorry. I've already been invited in!

[He kicks the door open and walks in; Elena and Jeremy are gone.]

Kol: Hide and seek? Fine by me.

Klaus' phone rings. He sees it's Kol and answers it. The shots alternate between Klaus in the cellar and Kol at the Gilbert house.]

Klaus: Well, if it isn't the happy homicidal maniac. Vanessa seems panicked what are you doing Kol?Kol: Did you know that your darling former blood bag and her brother are trying to kill me? 
Klaus: What?
Kol: Don't pretend like you're not in on it. Your obsession to find the cure clearly trumps any sibling loyalty you once felt. Klaus: I don't know what you're talking about.Kol: I'm going to rip off Jeremy's arm and kill Elena just for sport. Then I'm coming for you. Vanessa I know you can hear me get here now!
Vanessa sped off. 

[Kol hangs up and starts walking. Elena is at the top of the staircase with a crossbow and she shoots Kol in the leg. He groans in pain. 

Vanessa stopped running and saw blood pouring  out of her leg. : KOL! 

Elena She disappears upstairs with vampire speed. Kol pulls the arrow out of his leg and goes after her. Elena is in her bedroom. She pushes her dresser in front of her door, but struggles as Kol pushes back. Kol manages to shove the door open and Elena falls to the ground. With vampire speed she runs into the bathroom, shuts the doors behind her and locks it. Kol kicks open the door and finds Elena gone. He punches through the other door and finds Elena in Jeremy's room with Jeremy. Jeremy shoots Kol with a stake gun. Kol catches the stake.]

Kol: Missed! And for the record when you shot me in the leg you also hurt my darling soulmate so now not only will I kill Jeremy I'll be killing you Elena. 

[Jeremy shoots again, and Kol catches it with his other hand. Elena fires a pistol at him, shooting him multiple times.]

Vanessa screams as she felt Kol being shot with wooden bullets. 

Elena: [screaming at Jeremy] Go!

[Jeremy runs, and she continues shooting Kol. Kol throws one of the stakes, hitting Elena in the thigh, and she cries out. Elena looks up, but Kol is gone. Jeremy is running through the hallway when Kol appears and punches him. Back in Jeremy's room, Elena pulls the stake out of her leg. Kol throws Jeremy down the stairs, and Jeremy groans in pain. Elena jumps on Kol's back, but he tosses her against the wall. He rips out one of the posts from the railing and impales Elena through the abdomen, pinning her to the wall. She gasps in shock and pain, completely immobilized. Kol walks over to Jeremy, who is still grunting in pain on the stair landing.]

Kol: Now...about that arm.

[Kol drags Jeremy down the stairs by his feet. Elena pulls feebly at the stake, but can't move it an inch.] 

Elena is still trying to get the stake out of her abdomen, but it won't budge. Improvising, she braces her hands against the wall and pulls her body off of the stake. Downstairs, Kol has Jeremy strapped to the counter in the kitchen by his arms. Jeremy struggles against his bonds. Kol pulls a cleaver out of the knife block.

Kol: Now, like I said, neither Vanessa or I don't fancy the hunter's curse, so I'm just going to chop off your arm. But don't worry, I'll heal you right up with a bit of blood after.

[Kol holds Jeremy's head against the counter.]

Kol: Sorry about the sting. Now, which arm is it? Is it left or right? I'll just chop off both to be safe.

Jeremy closes his eyes as Kol raises the knife over him. Suddenly Elena appears and grabs Kol; the cleaver misses Jeremy and instead slices through one of Jeremy's restraints. Elena slams the cleaver into Kol's chest, shoving him against the counter. Jeremy releases his other arm and rushes to the sink. He grabs the spray hose and sprays Kol with the vervain water. Kol cries out in pain as the water hits him; Elena moves away. Jeremy keeps the water on Kol, and Elena takes the white oak stake from Kol's jacket, throwing it to Jeremy.

Elena : Jeremy, now!

[Jeremy catches the stake and was about to stabs Kol through the heart with it when his hand froze. 

Elena turned and saw Vanessa tilting her head her eyes dark purple with veins down her eyes. 

VANESSA's POV:

I stood there tilting my head my eyes dark purple and veins under my eyes as rage took over. 

Elena: Vanessa.  

Jeremy slowly turned his head fear eminent in his eyes.

I used my magic and ripped the White Oak out of Jeremy's hand and once it was in my hand and burned the white oak so it no longer existed.  

Elena: What did you do?
Vanessa: Elena Gilbert. 
Jeremy: Elena?
Elena: Vanessa you have to understand
Vanessa: YOU WENT TO KILL MY HUSBAND. MY SOULMATE. And i'm going to kill you for it. 
Kol pushed Jeremy and speeds behind me. Still healing from the vervain. He pulled the knife from his shoulder and it healed. We were both covered with holes in our clothes.  He put his hands on my shoulders and smirked at the Gilberts. 
Kol whispered in my ear: have at it. 
I extended my arms and Jeremy picked up his crossbow to shoot at Kol behind me. 
Vanessa: Kol go i've got this. 
Kol: no i'm going to watch and observe. 
Vanessa: okay then. So you wanna start a war?
Elena: what the hell do you mean?
Vanessa: you went after my family so you just started a war that you will never win. 

Jeremy: come on then kill me. 

Vanessa: okay. 

I sped forward and ripped Jeremy's heart out. Elena's screams filled the house. 

Vanessa: see no more map to find silas or the cure. 

Elena sank to the floor next to where Jeremy's body laid and cried her eyes out. I crouched next to her and whispered in her ear. 

Vanessa: the next time you come after someone I love. You'll be next. Hurt Damon and Stefan i'll bite you. But go after my Kol i'll rip you to shreds. 

With that I got up and looked at Kol and then turned my head to see Klaus standing there with anger in his eyes. 

Kol: vanessa we need to leave now. He has the dagger. 

Klaus: WHY!

Vanessa: they had the white oak, they almost killed kol. 

Klaus: LIES!

Klaus set foot into the house as Jeremy was dead everyone had permission to enter the house. He got closer to Kol and I so we sped out. Yes the almighty powerful tribrid fled. No I wasn't weak. I am protecting the love of my life. 

Kol: now we are on the run. 

Vanessa: when are we not. 

Kol: when we are in a box. 

Vanessa: so where too?

Kol: New Orleans. We can start a family.

AN///// So this is the last page of my first book. I will be writing a new one today. If you have any names for the second book let me know.