Chapter 60: There's Something After Forever

"What are you here for? I don't want to answer your questions, Em-" She paused. "Loraine-" He sighed. "Wait, what?" And that's when she realized, "You have green eyes! Wow, didn't notice that earlier." He was quiet.  Suddenly, his phone started buzzing and he left her for a while to pick up the call. It was Ember. The previous call had been cut.

"Why did you cut the call, Loraine??" Ember asked.

"I have no clue! I'm unaware of the fact that the call ended." Loraine explained.

"Anyways, so what did she say?"

"I asked her several questions casually but she's just not ready to say anything about the truth. Um, we still don't know if that accident was real. What if she had paid Mrs Parks to plan the death?"

"Why would she kill her own grandson? And why would the cops ever arrest that random truck driver and bury the corpse?"

* * * * *

"Wow my mind is blowned." Alicia said. "Neel would have never done that for anyone."

Rhea blushed as Neel came into the classroom. He walked towards her and sat on the seat next to her. She looked at Alicia who was really confused about the situation. She coughed and left them alone.

"Hey come back!" Rhea slowly turned towards Neel and found him already staring at her.

"Hi." He had his cheeks more red as compared to hers.

"H-hey."

After the school, she decided to go home alone. Alicia would have teased her all the way back home and Neel, there was no way they could get back to each other. They would die blushing! The relationship between them was now as if 'once seen, can't be unseen.'—once when something has happened, they could never act normal in front of each other.

So Rhea walked home all by herself and on the way, she found a young lady in a park, sitting on a swing without swinging it. She had her face down, looking at her phone screen. Rhea decided to speak with her because she thought she might be lonely.

"Hey there," She walked before her.

"Hi, do we know each other?" She lifted up her face to face Rhea.

"No. I was just passing by. I'm Arorhea. Why do you look so sad?"

"My name's Lia and I...well, actually I haven't heard from my fiancé in a while."

"I see."

"He suddenly stop contacting me and it has been months now."

"Why don't you try contacting with his family?"

"...his family would never accept me...especially his grandmom. We decided to marry in India and elope from our families..." She said with a sad face.

Suddenly, something struck Rhea's mind. "His grandmother? Marriage in India? What's his name, where does he live?!"

"Jacob Parks, the grandson of the mayor of LA, US."

"What in the world!! So you're his girlfriend?!"

"You know him?"

"Of course, I do! I was accused for that accident!!"

"Which accident?"

"What do you mean which accident? The death of Jacob Parks. Mrs Rosa Parks threw a tantrum all over the country and I was blamed somehow God know how!"

She was taken aback. "Watch your mouth missy! What rubbish are you talking about?!"

Arorhea stood still. "It was you who tried to kill Mrs Parks so that she gets out of the way."