Chapter 65: A New Someone Who Shone Brighter

It was another evening and another night but things still seemed so distant.

"Oh, forgot to tell you." Alicia said to Rhea over a cup of tea at her house. "That day I came over, I crossed paths with a strange man. Really strange and he was in disguise."

"Oh." Rhea chewed the cookies Jessica made for them and noor sat with them, playing games on his sister's phone.

"He was looking for a girl who has short brown hair and brown eyes. God, I match with that description. But he said it wasn't me. How rude." She complained.

"He must be looking for di then." Noor laughed when he finally took a bite out of a cookie.

Rhea heard him and paused doing everything. "Which language was he speaking in?"

"Obviously Hindi! But sounded weird as if he was speaking it for the first time." She laughed and Rhea laughed along but kept wondering who it might be. "Array, I almost forgot! Neel invited us to his football match tomorrow."

"Us?"

"Yeah! And also Noor." Alicia said.

"What the- I'm his teammate! Why would he need to invite me, geez." He scoffed.

"So are you coming, Rhea?"

"No."

"Come on. It'll be fun." Alicia insisted. "There will be hot guys." She controlled her laughter.

"You talk like Nikki nowadays." Rhea averted her eyes.

"Oh! Yeah, you must introduce us!"

"Sure sure, but she's abroad. It'll only be possible over a facetime. Someday later."

The next day was bright and sunny. Noor was prepared to defeat anyone on the field. Rhea, their cousin and Alicia set out with Noor to reach the playground. It wasn't such a huge football match but Neel, as a captain would really lower his dignity if his team loses. Rhea was only there to support Noor. Or at least that's what her determination was all about.

The match went on and the opposition team seemed as if this match would be counted as their 5th losing streak. And during the match, one of their best players was seriously injured and was to be replaced by some random guy they could find. Cause the show must go on.

Neel and his teammates were already celebrating their victory as the score was 5-1 and there was only, like, 6 minutes left before the match ends.

The new guy joins their opposition team. But their was something unusual about him. He was taller than any other player on the field, wore a cap and sunglasses but that made him the attraction of the match. What more did was his skills. In no time, the score was 5-5 and only a few seconds were left.

Neel stood at the goalpost, with his focus on the ball. He watched that guy running towards him with the ball. The ball was being snatched but soon returned at his feet. He kicked the ball with his full strength and Neel jumped to catch the ball but failed miserably, crashing into the ground.

And time! His opposition team won by 1 point.

He got up, off the ground and looked at the guy who defeated him, reaching his hand to him. Neel slapped his hand and got up on his own.

"You were great out there." He said with a smile but Neel glared at him and left.

He met Rhea, patting her brother's shoulder and approached her as Jessica left for home.

"Oh Neel!" Alicia greeted him. "You were amazing."

"Yeah..." Rhea whispered. "You were great out there." She smiled but he was astonished by hearing those same words from her. He thought she might be disappointed in him but she was cheerful as ever.

* * * * *

"Where should we go from here?" Alicia said as she walked hand in hand with Arorhea.

"HOME!" She said irritatedly and looked around her. "Wait, where is bhai??"
[Tn/bhai; younger brother]

"He has gone with his teammates."

"Wait! Mom told me to bring him home save and sound!" She started walking in the opposite direction to look for Noor but Alicia grabbed her arm to stop her.

"It's not like he'll be getting beaten up by his teammates for losing!" She said.

"Wha-! I didn't think of that!" Rhea started running and Alicia followed her.

"Stop I said! Neel will take him home!" She said as she ran after her.

Rhea stopped. "Why would he take him home?"

"Because he is your brother."

"Neel?"

"YOUR brother! Noor is YOUR brother."

"Oh?" Rhea tilted her head in confusion. "But I still need to find Noor! Mom will be mad!"

"But what about us hanging out?"

"You can come with me or...oh! You can go back home and on the way, inform Jessica that we'd be late."

"You can literally just call her."

"I didn't bring my phone."

"Wait what? Neel told us to record the match! Did you-?"

"N-nope?"

"Oh lord! I'm leaving first, if he asks anything about me, let him know that I wasn't present at the match in the first place."

"But he saw you." Rhea said but Alicia was already at a distance to not hear her.

She meandered in the city until she came across the city mall. So she went in for some cool air from the air conditioning.

At a distance she saw someone move to a different part of the mall. Somewhere where the lights were dimmed and no one else was ever seen setting foot there for years. Then she remembered it was the crash course centre she once visited. She followed the person.

-to be continued...

🔸Neel DewanPost match photo session

🔸Neel Dewan
Post match photo session

Extra:

ItsMGsShine: Why is he kissing the towel? (Owo)

ItsMistar: He's freaking wiping off his sweat from all the playing!