Chapter 40: Wasn't She Dead?

"She's a nice girl, I must say." Aed smiled. "At least better than Sabrina. I should check, how she is now." Aed went to Ember's room. "Ember-" Dhe entered his room and froze after seeing them. Ember and Rhea quickly got up and Aed smiled.

"M-mom, it's not what you think. We were just playing pillow fight! Believe me!" Ember said, nervously.

"Okay okay, I get it." She chuckled. "Rhea?"

"Y-Yes aunty?"

"Will you have dinner with us?"

"I-I have to go back home. Mom and Dad must be worrying about me."

"Okay then. I'll tell Charles to drop yo-"

"No no, I'll drop her!" Ember stated.

"Alright." Aed smiled.

"I'll have dinner at home. It was so nice to meet you." She got up from the bed and went downstairs.

"Mom...." Ember turned to Aed. "It's again a misunderstanding this time."

"Oh, it's okay, dear. After all she is your choice. I wouldn't mind even if it was the same as that day." Aed smiled.

"Mom, how do you know that she-"

"Shh. I know everything. And I like her too." Aed Chuckled as Ember smiled. "Nice choice."

* * * * *

Rhea went down and was about to go out when she bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry!" She apologized.

"It's fine. But who are you?" The man asked.

"I'm Ember's friend. My name is Arorhea." Rhea said.

"Oh. I'm his dad. Did you enjoyed the film?" Mr. Helberg asked.

"Yes, it was amazing." She replied with a smile and Mr. Helberg left, nodding.

"Excuse me, Miss Arorhea Laghari." someone said behind her back. Rhea turned back and Ember smiled.

"Yes Mr. Ember Helberg?" Rhea smiled back.

"Leaving alone? I told you that I'll drop you." Ember chuckled.

"It's almost quarter past 11! I need to go back quickly!"

"Let's go." Ember said and Rhea went out hurriedly but he held her hand.

"Now what?" She asked.

"How can I let you go? I want you to have dinner with us."

"Offo! I'll eat at home!"

"No excuses, come with me."

"Ember please, it would be very embarassing if I go back there. And I've to go back home!" Rhea said and Ember laughed.

"Oh you! Why are you thinking too much?" He laughed and took her upstairs. Rhea slowly entered inside his room with him and found the dinner was already served for her.

"Welcome back, dear." Aed smiled and Rhea became little embarassed.

"Now don't act like a blushing owl. Come and eat." Ember made her sit on his couch and sat beside her.

"I made all of these especially for you." Aed smiled while serving.

"So sweet of you aunty. But why are you here when the party is still going on?"

"Don't worry about that."

"Yeah, and after all, you said that it would embarrassing to go back there." Ember said.

"Hmm."

"As Sabrina is there." He said and she looked at him. "I don't want to be there either. I'll eat with you." He smiled and she smiled back.

Rhea took a bite from the food. "Wow amazing! You're so nice to me. You cooked for personally even when a party is going on."

"For you and Ember as well. You guys don't seem to like the party much. So do I. I'm not liking it either." She said and Rhea smiled. "Rhea? Tell me something about your family." Aed asked and Ember's cheeks went red.

"I have a small family with an irritating brother. We shifted to LA because of my father's promotion and my painting competition. And now I miss my best friend and cousins very much." She replied.

"Ohh. What's your brother's name?"

"Noor."

"Nice name."

"Huh? It's a girl's name. It's weird!" Rhea smiled nervously and they laughed.

"And your best friend?"

"Yes, my best friend is Alicia." Rhea replied and Ember immediately looked at her in a shock.

"Alicia? Wasn't she dead?!"

-to be continued...

Ember: You're just like this piece of cake

Ember: You're just like this piece of cake. Easy, sweet and tasty *smirks*

Rhea: Then eat my head less, dear. Or else you'll get diabetes *smirks*

[Author M!: OMG I made a pickup line and a comeback! Kyaaa 😆😆 ]