Chapter 10: When They Met

Ember wake up and washed his face with cold water and came down.

"Mom, where's dad?" He asked his mom, who was reading the weekly magazine

"I'm here!" Mr. Helberg responded as he held a bundle of files that seemed to be fallen anytime.

"Oh dad, let me help you." Ember said & took some of the files from Mr. Helberg.

"Thanks, son." He thanked him.

"Hubby, what are you doing with so many files?" Aed said as she closed her magazine.

"You know how busy I am! I've to work 14/7!" He exhausted.

"You mean '24/7'?"

"See. Now I'm beginning to forget things. Ugh."

"If you would have completed the work on time, this wouldn't happen." Ember said & Mr. Helberg sighed.

"So dad, we're going to India tomorrow . . .right?" Ember said excitedly.

"Yes, the company decided . . .I don't know . . .it may change." Mr. Helberg said nervously.

"Really?" Ember said sadly.

"Don't be sad honey. It won't change." Aed said.

At Night

"I'm feeling so happy & excited. Seems like I'm going to meet someone new there." He said to himself.

* * * * *

"It seems like my life is gonna change. Someone must be waiting for me somewhere. Why am I feeling so different? It's like my heart is telling me that someone is there for me in LA. Someone NEARER & DEARER!"
Rhea screamed excitedly as she woke up at the middle of the night in the flight.

"Can you just stop?!" Noor said & stepped on her foot.

"Ow! That hurts! And can you just stop stepping on my feet?!"

*BAM!*

"Oww!" Rhea & Noor said, holding their heads.

"Go to sleep at once! Or you're grounded!" Mrs. Laghari woke up and . . .you can guess what she did.

"But mom we're on a flight." Noor said, smirking.

"ARE YOU TALKING BACK TO ME?!😤"

"Well, that's how communication works.😏"

*BAM BOOM!* (And this time he had 2 potatoes on his head; you know what I mean😂)

They continue further & fell asleep, leaving all the other passengers starring at them.

Mrs. Laghari woke up & said, "What? Why aren't you all sleeping? Even cats & rats are sleeping."

"Cats & rats?" Someone said.

*BOOM*

Then she realised that it was her own husband.

At morning

"Yay! Today we are going to India!" Ember jumped off his bed & started getting ready.

"Oh, you're up. Good." Aed said & she went to kitchen.

"Mam, I've prepared the breakfast." A maid said.

"Okay please serve it." She smiled & the maid nodded.

After the breakfast

The maids arranged the suitcase in the car & packed their meals.

Ember wore a white shirt & he came out of his banglow. He was looking damn hot in that outfit & his blonde hair was shinning in the sun & his persian blue eyes were like ocean.

He sat inside his Mercedes & they went to the airport.

"Dad! We can go there by my car."

"Would you drive?"

"Yes."

His place was near the airport so it took almost 20 minutes to reach there.

"What a sunny day!" Ember said & came out of his Mercedes.

Meanwhile, in that time a flight landed. Rhea and her family came out with Nikki and her family.

"Finally, we reached LOS ANGELES! I can't believe!" Rhea said excitedly.

"It's amazing." Nikki said.

"Oooh girls." Noor smirked.

"You better keep your mouth shut." Everyone said.

* * * * *

Ember and his parents went inside the airport. They walked towards the counter and at the same time, Rhea's family was coming from the counter.
They didn't see each other but when Rhea and Ember passed the point, where they were parallel . . . something happened to them.

They stopped.

"Who's she?" Ember thought & looked at her. Then turned back.

"A foreigner?" Rhea thought & looked behind, at him. "He looks about my age." She turned back.

"She looks like Indian . . .I'm going to India & she is here? I want to speak to her . . .she looks very familiar."

"What happened dear?" Aed asked. "Let's go."

"Yeah." Ember said. "Maybe I was wrong."

-to be continued...

Ember Cardilia Helberg selfie