Chapter 61: Something Serious

Ember sat on the couch with his brothers and mom, everyone holding a cup of coffee.

"We have to figure out something fast." Ember said as he put down the coffee mug.

"Did you try contacting that girl?" Loraine said and Maple's eyes lit up.

"Which girl?" Maple asked and Loraine narrowed his eyes. A maid walked into the room with a tray and started collecting the cups and saucers.

"Sabrina?"

"No no, the one who was accused-"

"Arorhea." Ember said and looked at his feet. "Every time I tried to call her, I failed. I wonder how's everything going in India."

"Ember!" Aed said. "How about you go to India?!"

* * * * *

"Yeah totally! You won't believe it. He was just like Ember but with British accent and emerald eyes. I'm living my dream come true." She said and both of them laughed.

"Are you at home right now??" Someone asked from the other side of the call.

"Geez, yeah. I wanted to stay over at their place for longer but dad didn't allow me." She rolled her eyes.

"Oh no no no no no." Her friend laughed.

"Shut up."

"If you aren't at there place, you wouldn't know what's happening there. The way you tell me about Ember, I can guess he's really clever. I don't think he'll let go of this matter."

"Dude stop over thinking! I'm handling everything!"

* * * * *

"It was so nice to meet you Rhea. I hope to see you again soon."

"What?! You're leaving?! We can't just do nothing about this." Rhea said. "We should go back to America and solve the mystery."

"You think it's that easy?"

"I-"

"Okay, I'll give you my number and call me if you find out anything."

Rhea's face lit up. "Okay!" And they exchanged numbers before they parted their ways.

* * * * *

"Hey." Said Neel when they met in their neighborhood. "Why are you so late?"

Rhea ignored him and entered her apartment.

"Oye Neel, pass the ball!" His friend said and he nodded.

* * * * *

"What's up, di?" Noor said as he was chilling on her bed, playing his favorite video game. Rhea put down her bag on the floor and sat with her back against the bed. "Won't you tell me to get out of your room?"

Rhea sighed. "I'll be ignoring you anyways."

"What's wrong?" He crawled over to her.

"Nothing at all." She looked over at Neel's balcony.

"*coughs* I know you miss that Ember guy." Noor stated and Rhea turned her head towards him within a second.

"You know I hate it when you say something serious." She turned around again. "Serious things aren't for you."

"So it IS something serious." He was ignored. "The last time I heard about him was when he was at the hospital. Did you guys contact after that?"

"He didn't call me. He probably lost his memories..."

"What if he's-"

"STOP."

"-still at the hospital...?"

"Oh-" Rhea folded her legs towards her and dig her face between her knees. "Just go back to your room. I dont want to talk about that."

"Hey come on. I'm almost a teen. You can share stuff with me, you know."

"First manage to get a girlfriend, kid." She got up and dusted herself.

"Rhea," Mrs Laghari entered the room. "Your dad is finally able to work with the company and go on a business trip. Make sure you don't bring trouble again, okay?"

"I don't bring trouble, mom." Rhea responded calmly.

"Don't talk back. I was hoping to go om the trip with your dad. But who'll look after you two?" She folded her arms.

"Don't worry, mom, you can ask cousin Jessica to cook for us. And I promise to take the responsibility of the house while you're away. We'll be good."

"Jessica?" Noor yelled. "Seriously?!"

"Oh look at you, so sweet. No wonder I raised you." She patted her shoulder and left.

"What's wrong with you?!"

"I should be grateful, after all they didn't kick me out of the house."

"Sis, you were innocent!"

"Thank you Noor." She gave him a hug.

"But seriously, why her?"

"I need to talk to her, I feel like she'll be able to give me some suggestions."

-to be continued...