The call

-DRUCILLA POV-

Time to call Ace. I closed my eyes letting my head fall into my hands as I ran my hands through my hair. It's not as easy as I thought however. I did not want to disappoint Ace with the news that I let Bryson see who I really am, someone who was not a target nor was he apart of this little world we live in. Someone we could not trust. I took a long and deep breath opening my eyes. 

I took out my phone with my hands shaking and called Ace. The ringer rang for what seemed forever until I heard his voice mail. I took another deep breath smiling. Good now I don- 

My phone started ringing. Oh f*ck me really? Just when I thought I was off the hook. I picked up my phone and answered. 

"Hello? Drucilla? Is everything okay?" Ace asked sounding concerned.

I bit my lip trying to think of all the ways I could tell him this, "I made a new friend today... well hes not really a friend. Ugh well i'm not really sure what we are, I guess you could say we are friends."

"You made a friend?" he asked sounding happy, "Wait a good quality friend right? Remember what I said."

"Yea, no yea I defiantly remember. You see I invited him over to the house and we went for a run and we encountered what I'm presuming was one of Blayn's friends who was seeking revenge. Well he tried to shoot me and I took care of it." I laughed lightly, "And ugh Bryson, you know my friend. He saw the whole thing. He even met Rex."

There was a long pause, I could here him sighing on the other end. "I should of known you making friends would be a bad idea." 

Again there was long pause, "How do you know we can trust him?"

"We probably can't." I responded. 

"Look I will call into the school and tell them you are feeling sick, I want you to stay home till I get back with the boys Thursday. Can you do that?"

"Of course."

"Great, call me if anything happens. Be safe... Now that Blayn is dead people will be coming after you. He was apart of a gang after all. Look I love you Drucilla and I will see you Thursday."

"Love you too Ace but you know damn well I can take those guys."

He laughed, "Oh I do. Just be careful." 

I hung up my phone. Well that wasn't too bad now was it. I heard the front door slam shut. I whipped my head around and saw Micah. He didn't look to pleased. It's not every day I see Micah like this. Angry, he was so angry. Even on missions Micah had always joked around, he was always so happy.

He walked upstairs without even looking at me. Usually I would give people space when they are mad but this is Micah so I followed him. 

I knocked on his door lightly, "Micah?"

There was no response. I knocked again. Nothing. So I opened the door myself and found him laying face down on his bed with headphones on and music blasting loud. I walked over and sat down on his bed leaning against the headboard. 

This caught his attention. He pulled of his headphones and turned off the music, he then crossed his arms and layed his head on top of them looking at me. "Ace already filled me in" he said handing me his phone with a long text explaining what happened today and why Micah needs to keep a close eye on me. 

"Do you think he's gonna tell anyone what he saw?" I asked

Laughing he replied, "Well if he does-" he then picked up his knife, a LHR combat knife and started sharpening it, "-He dies."