Burning too long

Kaiden pov

I was hauling ass through traffic, the sound of the muffler not taking over the sound of screaming behind me.

"Hold on, man," Trevor said in the passenger seat.

Jay stopped screaming, "I'm gonna die, I'm gonna fucking die. I can't believe that guy killed me."

Jay was sprawled out in the backseat. Blood decorated the white interior leather of the car. He had been shot in the stomach moments ago by some man in a suit who I believe works for Ace.

I picked up the speed now going 80 mph, dodging through cars. Though I was driving for my life I still held up a conversation with Jay.

"You're hurt bad, but you're going to be okay. Okay? You're not dying today," I said, kicking up my speed.

Jay panted, "There's so much blood, it's scaring the shit out of me. I don't wanna die man."

"How do you know you're gonna die? Are you a doctor?" Trevor asked.

"No," Jay yelled loudly.

"No? Then how do you know you're gonna die? You'll be fine. Say it, say I'm going to be fine," Trevor replied.

Jay didn't say anything but fidgeted in the back seat, groaning in agony.

"Say the goddamn words Jay," I said.

"I'm gonna be fine!" He yelled, "I'm gonna be fine."

"That's right you're gonna be fine!" Trevor said, "We're gonna go back to your place and Kaiden's gonna stitch you up real good."

I pulled in sharply to the closest parking spot. Trevor put his arm around Jay, helping him up the steps.

I pushed the door open and Trevor set him down on the table. I ran to the bathroom to grab the first aid kit.

"What the hell happened?" Micah called out.

I ignored his question running back to Jay with the kit, "Get me a bottle of alcohol," I said.

"What kind?" Micah asked.

"It doesn't matter, just get me something!" I yelled.

Micah handed me a bottle of vodka. I handed the bottle to Jay, "Drink a considerable amount of this," I said while getting the needle and thread. Jay downed more than a considerable amount, coughing loudly. I took the bottle and poured it over the bullet hole. After that I took a knife and searched for the bullet.

Jay screamed loudly, "Fuck man! Just take me to a doctor!"

Trevor shook his head, "Can't do that. Then the police will want to get involved and that can't happen."

I pulled the bullet out and began to work on the stitching. Jay was screaming the entire time while Micah and Trevor held him down.

Once the stitching was done I covered it in a bandage and helped him up, "You're not dead huh?"

He swayed, "Not yet."

The alcohol and loss of blood was really having an effect on him so I helped him to the couch. He was out almost instantly.

I went back out to the car, popping the trunk. Below me was the body of the man who shot Jay. He put a bullet in Jays stomach so I put a bullet in his head.

Unfortunately out here we don't have the clean up crew that we had back in Florida so I was at loss with what to do to the body. Not that anyone would look for him but I didn't need any trouble. I went to the only person I knew who wasn't in contact with Ace, Vincent. He was someone I met a while back. He didn't clean bodies for a living but he had helped me before.