Differences

BRYSON P.O.V

I could hear my phone buzzing beneath my pillow. Rebbecca stirred next to me. I reached under my pillow and answered it in a soft whisper so I didn't wake her.

"Hey Bryson, it's me, Drucilla." A familiar female voice spoke on the other end.

My stomach fell to my ass, and im pretty sure my heart is no longer properly beating. It couldn't be her. It's just not possible. Someone is probably messing with me. Maybe it's one of Trevors flings that sound a hell of a lot like her.

"Hello?" The girl said again sounding every bit of confused at my lack of words.

I cleared my throat. "Ha yeah right. Look whoever this is the joke is over okay? Listen slut hand the phone back to Trevor, Micah, or whoever told you to do this."

The girl scoffed at my comment. "Slut? What the hell are you talking about Bryson? It's Drucilla." I could tell this time that it was defiantly her. I could feel it in my stomach if anything. I wanted it so badly to be a joke but I knew it wasn't.

"Is it really you?" I said once I could work the words out of my mouth, that was now feeling very dry.

"No. " She said sarcastically, "It's the slut."

Oh yeah it was defiantly her. I quietly got out of bed and left the room to go to a more secluded place where I could talk to her. "Sorry about that..." I trailed off not knowing what to say to her.

"It's fine." She said wavving off my apology. "We need to talk though, you know about the whole thing before I became roadkill. So I was thinking you could come over to Rex's."

She doesn't know. Nobody must of told her yet. I know for a fact Rex knows, he called me a few weeks after I left for college to yell at me. Why wouldn't anybody tell her? "You don't know?"

"Know what?" She asked slowly.

I ran my free hand over my face. Why do I have to be the one to tell her this. "Drucilla." I stopped, the name tasted like acid In my mouth. "How long do you think you were out for?"

I could hear commotion in the background. "I don't know? Two weeks?"

Wow. She really knew nothing. "Try two years."

I heard her gasp on the other end, it was quiet though, almost like she didn't want me to know how shocked she really was. "Damn." She muttered so quietly I'm surprised the phone picked it up. "Well in that case we have a lot to catch up on... So when can you come over?"

"I can't." I replied quickly. "I don't live there anymore." I shifted on my feet, feeling a bit uncomfortable at the situation.

"What do you mean you don't live here anymore?" She asked harshly.

I was a little taken back by her tone. "I mean I go to college now. I live in South Carolina."

There was silence on the other end. All of the sudden there was screaming but not at me. It must of been her and Rex. There was another moment of silence before I could hear her voice redirected to me. "Why the hell are you there?"

"I needed to move on..." I trailed off feeling a bit bad on her part.

I heard her sigh deeply. "Loved you." She said coldly before cutting off the line.

Loved me? That defiantly wasn't what I was expecting from her. It seemed like she didn't even care. I know she has her cold moments, but this, this isn't like her. I guess I should be pleased with her reaction. This is what I wanted originally... I cannot go back now.