Gunshot

"What was that?" I asked rhetorically, because I knew that sound. It was something I heard far to often, I knew it like the back of my hand.

I ran into Kaidans room, "KAIDAN?!" I looked around but saw nothing.

I sprinted downstairs and my face drained all the color that it once had, because I was staring at a blood covered body on the ground. It wasn't what I expected however, I expected the body I'd find to be Kaidans. It was Emmett's.

Alex ran over to Emmett. I looked over and saw Kaidan with a gun by his side and his mouth wide open, "Drucilla I didnt mean to.. I thought it was Bryson..."

My eyes hardened as I walked over and punched him in the face, "Why the fuck would it be Bryson?!" I hissed and went to punch him again but he caught me hand.

He held my wrist tightly, "Emmett was joking around and said he was Bryson!"

I clenched my teeth, "Only you would be stupid enough to believe it." I pulled my wrist out of his hand and round kicked him in the jaw.

He stood there holding his jaw, "I wasn't thinking... you know how I am."

I let out a harsh bitter chuckle, "Just 'cause you have a bipolar disorder doesn't mean you can go around shooting people when you're mad."

"I know, Drucilla I am so sorry." He said with his eyes glazed of sorrow.

His petty apoligy wasn't good enough for me. I was about to punch him again when I remembered my brother has just been shot. I ran over to him, "Emmett baby how are you?"

He wailed out, "It really hurts." Pools of tears were building up in his emerald eyes.

I carefully took off his shirt and saw a bullet in his shoulder. Nothing major but if we didn't get the bullet out it could be.

Alex yelled out, "Kaidan call 911."

I looked over at him, "Are you stupid he can't call them!"

"Why not?"

I put pressure on the wound, "What are we going to tell them? That Kaidan shot my brother?... They are going to question it. We don't need publicity, and we certainly don't need their help."

Kaidan walked over, "Tell them it was a drive by."

I rolled my eyes, "I'll take the bullet out myself."

Emmett's eyes grew, "No, no way!"

I picked up his body and carried him over to the table. I placed him down and told Alex to get everything I would need and had Kaidan turn on the fireplace. I placed an ice pack over the wound. This was going to be painful for Emmett which killed me, but seeing him dead, I cant even imagine the pain so he'll have to deal with it.

I poured vodka over the wound. Taking the knife Alex handed me I started to dig. Emmett was screaming like crazy, I had Alex and Kaidan holding him down. I was digging for a good two minutes before I got the bullet out. I gave the knife to Alex who put the blade in the fire for a minute. I took a deep breath, this part will hurt even more. I pressed the hot blade on the wound searing it shut.

Emmett let out the most blood curdling scream. My heart clenched, I took off the blade once I was sure the wound was closed. I put gauze over it for protection. Running up to my room I pulled out a sling from my closet and rushed back downstairs and put it on Emmett since he wouldn't be able to use his arm for 3-6 weeks. It all depends on how fast he heals.

I helped Emmett sit up and hugged him lightly, "I'm so glad you're okay."

I went to go wash the blood off my hands, "Kaidan call Ace and tell him what dumb ass move you did this time." I fumed.