Bulletproof Skin

Let's get one thing straight. I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me.

And man, I am so sick and tired of this life I am living. Will I ever get the luxury of living an average life? Some days I wish it were that easy. But here I am again saving someone's ass.

So here's the plan. "We are going to have to split into teams." I inform everyone, "Gage and Alex, you're a team, you'll be sneaking through the top of the house to let us in. Kaiden, Rex and I will be waiting for your message. If anyone sees you, kill them. It's crucial you all use your silencers for now. Kill whoever is in your way but we came here for Damian. I figured the first place to look is the basement. Now if an alarm goes off... Fuck your silencers and get out the big boys."

"Why the hell is Rex even coming?" Kaiden groans, "he's a supplier, not a fighter."

Out of the corner of my eye I see Rex's grip on his gun tighten. "I can do a hell of a lot more with weapons than you can."

Kaiden towers over Rex. Not that Rex is a short guy but Kaiden is just about as tall and buff as one gets. He sends a powerful punch Rex's way but Rex manages to dodge it.

At this point I'm annoyed because we are here to work together. "Both of you! Cut it out! There is no time for games." I hop out of the car, which is parked a couple blocks away. We need to stay hidden as long as possible.

I hold the gun tight to my side. "Alex, Gage it's time for you to split off." I point to my walkie talkie, "don't forget."

Alex puts his hand on the walkie talkie in his holster. "No worries. Good luck."

We part ways there and Rex, Kaiden and I see the side of the house coming up, but vaguely because of the tall wooden fence covering the entire proximity of the house. I took a running start, jumping as high as I could, gripping tightly onto the top of the fence. I could feel my fingers slipping and instantly regretted not wearing my gloves.

Kaiden looked over at me smirking as he pulled himself over the fence with ease. If only I didn't need his conceited ass here. I shook my head and used my upper body strength I've been lacking of since I stopped my training and pulled myself over. Landing on the plush grass on the other side. We all took a moment to scan the surroundings behind a tall tree that nearly covered all three of us.

I pulled my binoculars from around my neck up to my eyes. There was about 5 men in total around this side of the house, each man full armed and carrying assault riffles. We could easily take them. I took out my sniper riffle, carefully placing a silencer on the end. I quietly climbed up the tree when the men were momentarily distracted but something happening to the right of them, to my advantage. Once I was at the top I got into position, Rex was on the other side if the tree with his own sniper. below us was Kaiden still hiding behind the tree, holding his riffle incase things went downhill.

In this line of work a plan B is always essential.

I scoped out my guy and Rex had his and we shot. Soon we had them all out in success. This guy should really invest in better guards because they are damn clueless.

Rex and I got out of the tree and the three of us made our way to the meeting spot. I was still waiting for Alex's message and when five minutes passed I started to worry. I had called into the walkie talkie ten times now and I was left with no response. Now either he is too busy or shit is going down. I tried to peer into a window that the indoor curtains failed to cover. I saw nothing but a huge room with some furniture and a pool table. the area was vacant.

I contemplated if entering there would be a good thing or not.

"What the hell is taking so long?" Kaiden asks impenitently.