Love Buzz

Today I thought of him, and not much else.

My hearts been something of an untidy bed lately. It was hard enough going through this to begin with but now that I don't have Damien by my side it feels unbearable. I feel a void in every step I take. Relying on someone, in reality, bites you in the ass. I remember Ace taught us that the most important person in our lives is ourselves. Everyone else is temporary.

I had thoroughly explained everything that I knew about Ace, which included his plot to kill us, to Emmett on our way to California.

He told me about the few missions he carried out while I was gone. It hurt me to know that he was in the business and although he got out he'll never have the desire to live a normal life. He wouldn't be able to. I tried too many times and I always get dragged back in.

I wanted to call Kaiden and the guys but according to Ace that was prohibited. I don't know how he could find out though. Could he have tapped our phones? Did he have someone following us? I grabbed Emmett and I's phones and tossed them out of the window as I checked behind us to see if anyone had been following us.

"What was that for?" Emmett said in annoyance.

I turned back around in my seat, now paranoid. "Ace could have tapped us. I'll get you a new one don't worry."

Hours later we were knocking on Jays door; the only guy I had ties with in California. I didn't really know him but we needed a place to stay and I would also need his help. I saved Jays life years ago while I was on a practice mission with Damian. I was young but I'm sure he'd remember me.

The door opened but it wasn't Jay who greeted me. It was another male who looked to be only a few years older than me.

"Who the hell are you?" He asked eyeing my brother and I down, keeping his eyes on me a little longer than I liked.

"I'm looking for Jay. Does he still live here?" I asked.

The guy looked at us closely for a moment and then his face relaxed, "Yeah he does, he's out doing something right now but you can come in and wait for him if you'd like." He said, moving to the side to let us in. "I'm his roommate by the way."

Emmett and I made our way in. The place looked similar in ways but different in others. He didn't have a roommate when I last saw him. That had been many years ago though.

"I'm Nico by the way." He said extending his arm out to me and then my brother.

"Drucilla." I responded.

"Emmett."

Nico went into the kitchen. "Are you thirsty or anything? Hungry? I'm sure we have something in here." He said rummaging through the fridge.

I shook my head even though he wasn't looking, "No thanks."

He looked over at me. "So how do you two know Jay? If you don't mind me asking?"

I did mind. I didn't know how I could truthfully answer the question for him. Not everybody takes the whole "Im and assassin" thing very well. However I am a certified bullshitter, "I met Jay years ago when I was out here. My brother only knows of him," I said. It wasn't a lie but it wasn't the full on truth either.

He seemed pleased enough with my vague answer, "Nice." He then pulled what looked to be a burrito out of fridge and took a bite into it. "Man, this burrito is dank."

This guy seemed to not have a care in the world. We could of been the sketchiest people and he's just standing there chowing down on a half eaten burrito.

"Waves are double overhead today, dude. Jay is probably out catching some." Nico said with a mouthful of food.

My brother and I looked at him in confusion. Before we could even ask what the hell he was talking about someone walked through the door. It was Jay. He didn't seem to notice us yet.