Hospitalized

I laid there in silence when the door opened.

''Thanks doctor.''Kayce said.

The door closed and he turned around.I couldn't believe he was here.

''Kayce..''I looked at him tears forming in my eyes.

''He's gone isn't he?No he can't be gone.''I sobbed tears falling out of my eyes and down my cheeks.

''Kayla, come here.''Kayce said as he sat down pulling me into his chest.

''This is all my fault.Lee's gone!No!''I sobbed into his chest.

''This is all my fault,I did this!''I sobbed louder.

''Hey.Hey.hey.''He said pulling my face out of his chest as tears ran down my cheeks.

''This was a accident.Lee's-He's in a better place.''kayce said as he stroked my cheeks.

''everything is going to be ok.''He whispered.

''Fuck.Wheres jamie?''I asked as I leaned back in the hospital bed.

''waiting room.''He sighed as he leaned back in the chair.

''wheres Tate and Monica?''I asked as I looked at him.

''Tate's at school,Monica's idk wtf she's doin.''He sighed as he rubbed his face.

''What happened with you too?''I asked as I rubbed my tears away.

''She is mad that I'm here with you.''He mumbled.

''Why?''I sighed.

''Because she just lost her brother and needs someone right now but I guess your more important right now.''He smiled softly. 

''why do you say that?''I ask as I grabbed his hand, rubbing his knuckles.

''how much do you remember?''He said looking me in the eyes.

''Ah actually I remember all the way up too being shot and everything after that Is a blur.''I said as I stared at him.

''I saved your life, Kayla.''He said as he took off his hat.

''You did what?''I asked confused.

''I saved you life.I gave you cpr and mouth to mouth.''He sighed as he rubbed my knuckles.

''I almost died didn't I?''I ask.

''You died Kayla.I saved you and brought you back with cpr.''He looked at me with glossy eyes.

''I almost lost you,Kayla.I need you so much more then you think I do.Even though I'm married and have a son.I still care about you.I always will.And Monica is just gonna have too realize that at some point.''He said as a tear fell down his cheek.

''I still love you more than anything..''He sighed as he pulled me closer.

''I love you too.But Kayce you had your chance.The day I came back,I gave you that last hope.Hopeing you would come back to me.The whole time I was in prison the only thing that I was looking forward too was moving on and learning my lesson, and Having a house on the ranch, married and with kids running around.''I sighed as he stared me in the eyes.

''Maybe if things were different.And you and Monica weren't together.''I said sadly.

''Maybe.''He sighed.

''Well when do I get out of this jail cel.''I laughed as tears spilled out my eyes.

''Um I think tomorrow.''he sighed as he pulled away dropping my hand from his and standing up.

'' Where you goin' ''I asked confused.

''Uh use the bathroom,And imma have my dad take me back to reservation too see Monica.''He said as he pulled on his hat and walking out of my room the door slamming in the process.

I was looking around my room when a phone box spotted my eyes.I sprung forward there being a note and it saying.

Dear, Kayla 

  I know you just got out of jail.But.I just wanted too say, congrats!You have made it!Lets hope you get married and live on this ranch with me!I don't know how too say this or at least I couldn't.but.I left this for you as a apology.Me sending my love.I have always dreamed of getting married too you and having kids.But I guess that will never happen sense You always dreamed of getting married too the man you always dreamed of,it being my brother and all.But I always dreamed of buying the one girl I loved a ring and then taking her out too dinner and proposing.Well I guess this isn't how its going too be.But If things happen after I propose too you,I completely understand.You love him.You always will.I understand that, but Kayla you need too move on.He's married and has a kid.So will you,Do me this honor and marrying me?Because I can't spend another day without you...

⎯𝒥𝒶𝓂𝒾𝑒 

Marry me? Meet me in the tractor barn when you get home..Also here's the ring.

***

I opened the phone box and the ring was sitting on top of im guessing my new phone he bought me.I pushed the ring on my ring finger and looked at it from a far.Then swiped unlock on the phone.I dialed a number.

''hello, Atterney general speaking.''Jamie said.

To be continued...