Hearts on fire

9 monthes and 3 weeks.

"Kayce I need you too start putting up the crib for the baby."I said as I made pancakes.

"Sure will,let's put that on my list of things too do."he said sarcastically.

"Breakfasts done."I said as I walked out the kitchen and began pulling in my coat.

"Where are you going?"he asked as he made himself a plate.

"I need too stretch my legs,I'm going on a walk down too the Ranch."I said as I walked over too him.

He stood there shirtless, and in plain plaid pj pants.

"We'll call me if anything happens."He said as he leaned down and kissed me.

"Sure will but seriously you and Tate need too put that crib together today."I said as I raised my brows at him.

"Sure thing, baby.It will be done after you get back from your walk I promise."he said before I closed the front door.

Walking down the driveway put things in prospective that Me and Kayce were past due date too have the baby.More like a week past due date.And more Kayce has even finished the crib.He started it half way and it was about done till he had too run off too go save Tate when he was kidnapped.Oh yeah the beck brothers kidnapped Tate and almost brainwashed him.He wakes up every morning screaming.Poor baby,I can't even imagine.I arrived after a hour of pregnantly walking down the 5 minute driveway.Once I walked around the Ranch looking like I was gonna pop any minuet.I stopped by the Dutton main house and walked inside.Looking around quit fond of the place.

"Kayla, wow you look."John said with a laugh.

"Like I'm going too pop?Yeah, I'm a week overdue!"I said frustrated.

"Well Um Kayce's mom was a week overdue with Kayce and she used too walk up and down that hill three times in a days and her water broke when she was drinking her water in the kitchen after she got back from her second walk of the day."John said going on and on.

"Well I guess I'll get going."I said as I huffed out the front door and started walking back too the house.

After about another hour I walked threw the front door and took my coat off.When Kayce came in too greet me.

"Well it's official,the nursery is done!"he cheered before he hugged me.

"What time is it?"I asked

"It's about bedtime,Tate's staying with Rip and Beth for the night and then he's staying at My dads and then Jamie's watching him the next night and then repeat."he said as he leaned down and pressed my lips too his.

"Ugh I haven't made love too you, in 6 monthes. And it's killin' me."he said as he rubbed my back.

"You'll get over it."I sighed as I walked too our room and slid into bed.

"I'm going too bed."I said as I closed my eyes.

"Ok, good night baby."he said as he slid in and tossed over too put his back too me.

I fell into a light sleep.

<><><>

I woke up too pee, so I got up and went into the bathroom,going pee and then flushing the toilet.I slowly walked too bed and was about too get in bed when I felt liquid hit the floor with a medium loud splash.I opened my mouth but nothing came out.I was in shock so I went over too Kayce's side of the bed shaking him awake.

"What what's wrong?"he mumbled into the pillow.

"My water just broke!"I said as I patted his back.

"Wait what?It did?Your what just broke?"he asked as he rolled over in bed pressing his feet too the floor.

"Pretty damn sure!"I whispered as I walked over too the bathroom.

"Kayla?"he asked as he stood up from the bed and went to the closet.

"We should probably go right?"he asked as he started getting dressed.

"Uh I think so."I said panicking.

At the end of our bed we had like a decorative sitting thingy.I put my right foot on top of it breathing quickly as a sharp contraction hit.

"Ahhh."I moaned in pain.

Kayce peeked his head out of the closet.Checking on me.

"Babe you ok?"he asked as he walked out of the closet and over too me.

"Why'd it hurt so much."I whisper asked Kayce.

"Uh maybe because you in labor Dumbass.?."he said as he pulled my head into his chest and began rubbing my back.

"Ok, it went away.We should probably get going."I said as I walked over too the bedroom door and peeled it open.Walking down the hall.Kayce followed me after he was done cleaning up the water by my bed. Kayce went into the baby's room and grabbed the suitcase.He helped me out too the truck.We got in and he reversed.Driving down the driveway.

I sighed,"Ahhh."I huffed as a contraction hit.

"Breath baby."Kayce said calmly.

"Uh can you hand me my phone."I asked him.

"Sure can.Here."he said as he handed me my phone.

I dialed a number,a number I haven't dialed in almost 10 years.My mother.

"Hello, this is heather Watson."the mother said.

"Mom?"I breathed out.

"Kayla?"she asked quickly and smiling on the other line.

"I just wanted too let you know.Your gonna be a grandma."I said.

"What?! Really??"she asked so fast.

"Yeah, get a flight out too Montana and come too the town hospital,I'm having a baby."I smiled.

"Ok, um so who is this nice feller?"Heather asked.

"Kayce Dutton."I smiled as I looked over at Kayce while he drives.

"Oh man,he sounds like a very handsome young man."heather smiled.

"He sure is,and his son Tate is like my son."I smiled.

"Well good.good.good.So do we know the gender of the baby?"she asked.

"Nope it's a surprise."Kayce Hillary's on the line.

"Oh man, hello Kayce!"she cheered.

"Hello,Ma'am!"he said as he looked over the lane as he pulled in the hospital.

"Ok well mom you get a flight out too come meet your grand baby,and I'll talk too you later!"I cheered as I hung and got out.

Another contraction hit as we walked across the parking lot.

"Ah."I said as I huffed Kayce stopped and waited on me.

We continued too walk threw the parking lot and then walked threw the hospital stopping at a pair of doors.Kayce pressed a button and started talking.

"Uh I need a birthing suite for Kayla Watson."he said under the intercom.

"Ok sir."they said.

This was real we were having our baby!!!

To be continued...

Love on a Ranch~Kayce Duttonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें