You are family now...

''Someone wake up the two love birds.''Rip sighed.

''Get the fuck up!''Jimmy and Ryan yelled at the same time.

Making me spring forward in the bunk, hittin my head on the ceiling.Damn that fuckin hurt like a bitch.I hopped off the bed and grabbed some clothes as I walked to the bathroom.I quickly got dressed.And marched my way over to my hook.Where I threw on a black hat and my carrhert Jacket.I ran out the bunkhouse and the door slammed behind me.I walked my tired ass all the too the Dutton house hold and opened the door.I walked to the kitchen, John stood dressed and with a cup of coffee in his hand.

''Kayla,Mornin.''he sighed.

''Mornin,sir.''I smiled as I saw Tate runnin down the stairs.I smiled too myself when John smiled at Tate.

''Kayla!''he yelled as he hugged me.

''Hey,son.''I smiled as I kissed hid forehead.

''um could you take Tate to school?''John asked as he finished drinking his coffee and threw on his hat.

''I sure can.''I smiled.

''Come on!''Tate said with a half smile as he grabbed my hand opening the door and running us outside to Kayce's truck.

''Where's my dad?''He asked lookin around a brief second then turning and lookin at me.

''well guess It will just be me and you, Tate!''I smiled.

''Sounds like a plan!''he said as he ran around to the passenger seat.

''Kayla!!''Kayce yelled.

I turned around and watched him walk to me.Once he got to me he stood there.

''be careful.''He smiled.

''Always.''I said awkwardly.

Wasn't sure what he really wanted.So I stood there a second.

''Will you meet me tonight in the barn after supper?''He asked.

''Sure will.I'm calling off the wedding after I drop Tate off at school.''I smiled.

''Ok,um I think we need to talk after wards.''He sighed.

''Ok.''I said giving a big smile showing my white pearly teeth.

''I'll miss you.''he said as he smiled.

''Will you now?''I smirked.

''sure will.''he said as he pulled my waist into his leaning his head down and pressing his lips on mine.

I was very shocked.I melted instantly, but remembered that Tate was only about 7 or 8 and he didn't need to watch.So I took my lips off his and wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into me.Giving him a hug.I watched over his shoulder, when John came out of the house then turned around and watched the interaction between me and Kayce.probably making him smile.

*John's POV*

John really liked Kayla,he was happy when he saw Kayla and Kayce in the middle of a hug/kiss.He couldn't believe they were gonna make things official after kayce just lost Monica too a head injury.He just wanted too see Kayce happy for once and this time he was actually happy that they were hugging.He wanted too text he whole family and confirm there being a family dinner that night so he did.

He sent Beth a text.

 Daddy's girl aka Beth D

Dinner tonight at 5;30 sharp.

Then he texted Kayce.

 lil Kayce D

Dinner tonight 5;30 sharp, bring Tate.

Then he texted Kayla.

Daughter in-law aka Kayla

Dinner tonight 5;30 sharp at Dutton ranch you are family now. 

To be continued...