Paying the dealer

A week went by,kayla ignored the calls she has been dreading.Her drug dealer.A little backstory was one of the guys is her or was her drug dealer before she was sent to prison for 10 years.She owes him money.So here she was walking up too John Dutton with a frown.

''Hey, Kayla how you doing'?''John asked as he sipped his coffee.

''I'm doing good, sir.But I have to ask.''I sighed.

''What do you need.''He asked looking over at me.

''Can I borrow your truck today?''I asked.

''Yeah,what do you need too do today though?''He asked politely.

''I need to take care of so business that all.''I sighed.

''Yeah, be careful.''He said as he handed me the keys.

''Always!''I smiled as I darted to the truck getting in and backing out,then pullin past Kayce's truck as we made eye contact.

I flew out of the driveway.And Turned left.After about 20 mins of driving I pulled into a trailer driveway.I saw the car in the driveway realizing it I really was nervous.So I got out of the truck and walked up the trailer steps.I barely knocked, when tucker open the trailer door with a beer in his right hand and a vape in the other.

''Kayla great to see you.''He smirked.

''Here is 10 years pay.''I said handing him 10,000 dollars.

''Listen,I got more.''He smirked as he grabbed a bag of what looked too be heroin.

My eyes went big.I haven't done drugs sense before I was in prison.

''I'm good.''I sighed as I put the cash on the table of the front trailer porch.

    I walked down the stairs and to John dutton's truck.I got in and drove out of the dirty driveway.Flying on the interstate.When my phone began too rang.I pulled it out of my pocket,sighing as I hit declin.Kayce wouldn't stop calling her.But she kept declining the calls.

After about 15-20 mins of driving I pulled into the Yellowstone Dutton Ranch driving up the driveway and parking,I looked at the time it was 6:40.Man time does fly by.So I got out of the truck when I Noticed John,Rip and Jamie yelling at each other.John threw Jamie on the lawn and Rip was holding John back.Jesus's what happened while I was gone I thought to myself.

"What the fuck is going on?!"I yelled over the Father and son  yelling at each other.

"Go in the fucking house,Kayla!"John yelled as he got out of Rips hold and threw a punch at Jamie's eye.

Oh man that's gonna leave a bruise in the morning.

I turned around and ran up to the bunkhouse.when I opened the door,I sighed too myself hearing it slam shut and the whole bunk house turned in there seats staring at me.

"Kayla?Darlin what's wrong?"Lloyd asked as he dealt the cards too all the cowboys sittin at the table.

I rolled my eyes as I shubbed  past everyone and walked too my bunk.As I stood there and pulled off my shirt and unbuttoned my jeans.I was grabbing clothes when Lloyd started talking.

"Well,well,well."he said.

"Free bunk?"the person asked.

"Back,left,top one."he mumbled as he began playing cards with the cowboys.

I turned around and saw the face of Kayce.

I rolled my eyes as I rushed too the bathroom, slamming the bathroom door as hard as I could.

"Ignore her she's just moody."Lloyd smiled.

"Maybe she started."Jimmy said as he laughed and he put a card on the table.

"Maybe, she wants someone too fuck her?"Travis sighed as he made contact with Kayce as kayce jumped on his bunk.

"Maybe,I want your asses too bed."Rip said as he walked threw the door with a pissed off look on his face.

    Everyone got up and went too the bathroom passing me.I walked too my bunk and huffed as my empty bunk was turned into a multi shared bed.Avery being on the bottom and Kayce staying on top which was my bed.I huffed as I jumped on the top bunk.Laying down,And running a hand threw my thick black hair.Sighing too myself as too who would make the first question.

Kayce had a hat over his hair,for all I know he could have been asleep.

"Where's Tate?"I whispered.

"He's at John's."Kayce sighed as he took the hat off his face,and made eye contact with me.

"Kay,I'm sorry."he whispered.

"Thanks I guess."I sighed as I turned on my right side and faced Kayce.

"No I really am."he said as he placed a hand in my cheek and began rubbing my cheek.

"It's fine,Kayce.Your wife died,your a single father, living at your fathers ranch.It's fine,so don't tell me your sorry."I mumbled.

"What did you do today.You seemed flustered earlier."he whispered.

"I uh,Went to go pay tucker."I mumbled as I closed my eyes.

"Tucker?Who's tucker?"he asked confused.

"He deals Heroin."I mumbled.

"What the fuck are you doing at a heroin dealers house?"he asked as he opened his eyes staring me straight in the eyes.

"I had too pay him the money before I went too prison.He was the guy that paid for my phone bills and I bought Heroin from him."I said.

"Don't tell me you bought it from him today!?"he mumbled loudly.

"I didn't, trust me I was if I wasn't here."I said as I looked at him.

"Kayla."he whispered.

"What?"I mumbled as a small smile came on my face.

"I thought I was gonna lose you.But it turns out I did.Your getting married."he said as he leaned in and his nose brushed against mine.

"I just need too move on,for all my life I thought I was gonna be someone's wife and Mom.With a house on this ranch,taking care of my husband and kids."I said as I laid my head on his chest.

"You still can be."he whispered as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I could be."I whispered back as fittled with his flannel.

"Do you love him?"he asked as he pressed his head too the side of my head.

"Not really."I smiled slightly.

"Not as much as I love you, Kayce Dutton."I whispered.

"So if you ended it with him tomorrow.Would there happen to be a chance for us?"he asked.

"Possibly,but Kayce you just lost your wife.You need time to grieve."I whispered.

"I have everything I need on this ranch.And Monica would want me to move on."He mumbled.

"Tate needs too know that I'm moving on."he sighed.

"So does Jamie."I huffed as I sat up a little.

"I don't know what I'm doing."I silently cried.

"I don't love him."I sighed as tears fell down my cheeks.

"Then tell him."he sighed as he sat up as well.

"I'll tell him in the morning or something."I said as I laid my head down.

"Kayla,I love you."Kayce said silently.

"I love you too,Kayce."I said as I leaned my face closer too his.

"And I Always will."I whispered as I pecked his cheek.

I laid my head on his chest, thinking about if I should actually end it with Jamie.I have everything I need right here.Tate and Kayce, this ranch,I nice family.I don't have too worry about anything.Soon after we fell asleep.

To be continued...