Chapter Three

Chapter Three . . .

Riley's P.O.V.

I spent another hour at the hospital before getting out of my seat and kissing my mother's head. "I'll see you soon mom." I said and walked out of the room and down the hall towards the door. I tried to hide myself from the nurse's station knowing that they are expecting this months payment, but I couldn't afford it.

I put my head down and walked passed the station and was almost home free, but then I heard my lovely name being called. Why did I have to be Riley.

"Um, Miss Smith." I closed my eyes and turned around opening up my eyes and faking a smile.

"Yes, what can I help you with?" I asked nicely while coming up to the desk. The nurse smiled back.

"Well, I was wondering if you have come up with this months payment?"

"Well, how much is this months payment?" Her smile turned into a frown as looked at her computer and typed some data in.

"Well, about twenty five thousand dollars." I looked at her like she was crazy.

"I'm sorry did you say twenty-five thousand dollars?" I asked her like she was speaking Latin.

"Dear, I'm sorry, your mother didn't have health insurance, but we have minimum weekly payments of five hundred." I felt like I was going to pass out, what is wrong with this hospital people needed help and they wanted thousands of dollars for it. UN Freaking Believable.

"Listen, I don't have that type of money right now, can I have more time?"

"I'm sorry, but you have to make payment unless you didn't show up today." It was like a lightbulb went off in her head. "Well, it's a good thing that I haven't seen you today because then I wouldn't of been able to tell you about your payment." I smiled at her understanding what she meant.

"Thank you." I said and ran out the door before anybody could stop me and I didn't stop until I reached my car.

I slouched against my seat and felt anger swell up in me. I couldn't afford my mother's stay at the best hospital. I was a failure of a daughter already and if I let my mother down it would mean her death. 

I slammed my hand hard on my steering wheel as I realized what I had to do. "DAMN IT!" I yelled as I fetched my cellphone out of my purse and dialed Faith's phone number. I managed to calm myself down before she answered the phone.

"What's up?" Faith answered clearly knowing it was me.

"I need back in."

"I'm sorry what was that?" She asked bitchily.

"You heard me loud and clear, I need back on the streets." I replied back.

"That's good to hear, we need a girl like you." I flinched as she said those words, "Be outside the apartment by eight, got it?"

"Yeah, I got it." I said and hung up the phone. What the hell was I getting myself into? Was my last thought before I drove off.

*****************************************************************************************************************

(Eight P.M.)

I walked up and down the sidewalk, listening to the sound of my heels clicking against the cement. I continued that for another half an hour when finally a car pulled up next to me.

"Hey sexy, how much?" It was like de ja vue, but I put on a fake smile and leaned into the window.

"Depends what you're asking for?" I said and seductively licked my lips. I felt like a piece of shit.

"Well how about you get in the car and I'll show you." He smiled at me, and then that's when I saw it. The wedding ring shining on his finger. Pig.

"I-" I started but was quickly cut off by the familiar voice behind me.

"Well sorry guy but the lady has a date with me." I froze and felt like hitting someone.

"That's alright Officer Barkley, I was just asking this lady if she wanted a ride, but she kindly denied me maybe you can talk some sense into her." The man lied, and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sure I can. Have a good night." Dylan said as he pulled me away from the car, and it sped away. "You know I thought I said you have to stay off the streets."

"Well, I am. That was my good friend."

"Good Friend?" He asked like he didn't believe me and clearly he shouldn't

"Yeah."

"What's his name?" He asked with a smirk.

"Uh-" Shit I couldn't come up with anything on the spot.

"That's what I thought." He said before turning me around and snapping the cuffs on my wrists. "You have the right to remain silent anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of law."

"Oh come on!" I yelled as he brought me to his police car.

"I told you to get your ass off the streets, you didn't listen so now you are under arrest." He put me into the backseat while he got up front. We were silent and I was fumming with anger.

"What exactly am I under arrest for?" I asked and he looked at me like I was growing a second head.

"Prostitution."

"Wait, you thought I was selling my body? Do I look like a hooker to you?" Okay, I knew I did. I mean hell I had the short jean skirt, the tube top, and the high heels, but the point was Dylan didn't answer. "I want your badge number, I mean you thought I was prostitute, this is how I dress every day." We pulled up to the police station as I continued my rant.

"Alright, stay here." He said clearly noting that he wasn't paying attention to a word I had said. "Did you hear me?"

"It's not like I can go anywhere anyway." I sighed and looked at my cuffs. Dylan got out of the car and met up with a fellow officer who he looked like he knew pretty well, but that didn't excuse him leaving me in here by myself.

The two men outside stared at me and then smiled once they noticed me. What the hell was going on? They were actually a little creepy.

After another five minutes of the men talking, they shook hands and Officer Barkley sat back in the driver's seat.

"Alright, this is the situation-"

"Situation?" I interrupted. I mean what kind of situation could they have, I was doing something illegal so they put me in prison.

"Yes, now the prison is full tonight, so my partner and I decided that you still need some sort of punishment so you will be spending the night at my place."

"Okay, wait a second, I have to spend the night with you?" A part of my head was full of confusion while the other half was full of excitement.

"Yes ma'am."

"Riley." I informed.

"Okay Riley, you have to spend the night at my place."

"What's the catch?"

"No catch, just punishment. You would of had to spend the night with me anyway. I had the night shift, so you and I can go to my apartment, where you will have a nice bedroom all to yourself, or you can go back to the prison where you have to share a small cell with another woman."

"Okay I get it! I'll go with you." He smirked at me and put his car into gear and we sped away.

Oh Lord what have I just agreed to. I'm going to some guys apartment and I don't even know him! Was I stupid? Wait, I was going to get into a car with a stranger and have sex with him. Oh yeah I was stupid. I shook my head and felt like crying. My life has certainly gone to hell lately, and now I was going to an apartment with officer Barkley a man who claims he's a cop, but do I really know. I mean he had the car, the uniform, and hell even the cuffs, but did I really know? Absolutely not.

"Riley, we're here." I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't even realize that we had stopped and that Dylan Barkley opened my door for me.

Well, here goes nothing.